Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Advice needed.... Zone or FabTech

Old 06-15-2013, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Advice needed.... Zone or FabTech

I have been a member for over a year, but have not really been a big poster... more of a reader and absorber....( love the search function) .. until now..... I have a 2011 JKU Sport, and have not really done a ton to it.. Most of my moddding was being done to my Monster Expedition. But now we are thinking about purchasing a brand new JKU, and the time has come to start playing with my 2011.

My local accessories shop has 2 FabTech 3 inch lifts available for a pretty decent price, or I can wait a few weeks for the Zone 3 inch, at an even better price. I have lots of friends that have used, and are very happy with the FabTech lifts on their Expeditions, and F150's, but can really find no info or reviews on them for Jk's. At the same time, my buddy just put a 4 inch Zone lift on his 2 dr, and he's very happy with it. The price is great, and they are under the BDS wing.

Soooo... have any of you tried the FabTech stuff on your Jeeps? Or are they just really new to the Jeep brand. If so put up a pic or 2, and your thoughts on it.
And for that matter, any thing I should know about the Zone lift would be great too, and as always... I am a picture whore... so please put up a pic of your JKU with the lift.

I'm gonna just keep the stock wheels for now, so I know I'll be getting some 1.5 inch spacers right away. Lift or not. I like the little bit of extra stance they give from looking up some of your pics on the site.

Thanks

Last edited by Lane24; 06-15-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Did a bunch more research on the site.... and the subject... Have decided to go with a Teraflex BB instead. Looks like it would fit my needs a lot more at this point. Now just to figure out if I should go with the package with the shocks, or just the extenders. Hmmm...
Old 06-16-2013, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TeraFlex is a wise choice. You won't be disappointed.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

TF is a good choice. If you are only doing the spacers is say get the shock extensions too. It's definitely more economical. Personally I would do the TF springs and bilstein shocks.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys !!!

Quick Reply: Lift Advice needed.... Zone or FabTech