Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift add ons

Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift add ons

Just got a good offer on a teraflex 2.5 coil lift with the bilstein 5100s for my 2010 2 door JK.
A buddy of mine has the same lift and loves it. It rides great. I do some minor wheeling around Fort Worth but nothing much. The lift comes with just the Front and Rear Coil Springs
Front and Rear Bump Stops
Rear Brake Line Brackets
Rear Sway Bar Links
Rear Track Bar Bracket
Front and Rear Shocks. What else should I look into adding such as control arms, sway bar disconnects, etc.? I am hoping I won't have to get to purchase control arms yet cause I have a limited amount of money.
Or is there another lift I should look at around the same price of $700 to $900?
Thanks for the input.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The stock rear links will be moved to the front. If you want disco's, get those instead of moving the rears.

You should be around 3" of actual lift with those coils, so caster is a concern. Not mandatory by any means, just drive it and see if you want to improve the handling by adding front lower arms. (or some form of caster correction).

You can wait on a front adj trackbar, but keep it in mind for when you want to re-center that axle.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks man. Sorry. It accidentally posted it twice without me knowing it.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Will adding front lower control arms help fix the caster issue? And does it matter if they are std. or adjustable? Will I need front and rear lower arms or will just front lower be alright?

Quick Reply: Lift add ons