Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which lift?

Old 11-02-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which lift?

I think I've narrowed my lift choices down to 2. I had my mind made up I was gonna get Teraflex's 2.5" spring lift with shocks, but I now started looking into Full Traction's 3" budget lift, as it seems to include the same stuff. My questions on the Full Traction lift are, first, does anyone have one, and what are your experiences with it, as in how well does it ride, flex, and do the springs hold up or sag over time? Second, are the 5100 series Hydro shocks any good? Third, does it compensate for the factory rake? And last, what are the HD springs, just a heavier spring rate, or are they higher to compensate for a heavier front bumper and winch? thanks guys. I gotta hurry up and make up my christmas list for Santa
Old 11-02-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the FT ultimate and have had no problems. Only thing I regret is not going with the 4" so I could run 37s. Now, I have to spend some more money!!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed a Teraflex kit and everything about the kit was excellent. I have not heard much bad about any of their products.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

How many miles do you have on it? Any problems with the springs setteling? and which shocks do you have? After going on my first wheeling trip yesterday and having mine loaded down with gear pretty good, I can definately feel the need for better shocks than the stock X shocks, and I can only imagine bigger tires and stiffer spring rates exagerating the problem.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the M-Force shocks and really like the ride quality.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm leaning toward Rusty 3.25. It comes with adjustable front and rear trac bars plus it only $550. I think if you go more than this you need lower control arms and a front drive shaft? That is what I have been reading.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats why i was trying to keep it at 2.5" or 3" as I con't wanna have to worry about adjusting caster or driveline angles, which would ofcourse mean having to go to adjustable control arms.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by afoulk
I think I've narrowed my lift choices down to 2. I had my mind made up I was gonna get Teraflex's 2.5" spring lift with shocks, but I now started looking into Full Traction's 3" budget lift, as it seems to include the same stuff. My questions on the Full Traction lift are, first, does anyone have one, and what are your experiences with it, as in how well does it ride, flex, and do the springs hold up or sag over time? Second, are the 5100 series Hydro shocks any good? Third, does it compensate for the factory rake? And last, what are the HD springs, just a heavier spring rate, or are they higher to compensate for a heavier front bumper and winch? thanks guys. I gotta hurry up and make up my christmas list for Santa
Hey if you get a chance, call me monday and pick my brain on this!!

Joe
Old 11-02-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Hey if you get a chance, call me monday and pick my brain on this!!

Joe
This is one of the best reasons to go Teraflex. While both lifts are great, Joe's customer service puts them way over the top
Old 11-02-2008, 09:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Strong Bad
I have the M-Force shocks and really like the ride quality.
its night and day difference. I had the other shocks installed prior to the M-force.

I had 26,000 miles on my 3" ultimate kit, I didnt have HD springs and they did not sag at all even with the poweplant and PJ stubby bumper.

Quick Reply: Which lift?