Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift and 37s

Old 11-29-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Obsession
obviously i dont know anything about lifts haha. thanks for the help. when i first saw lift kits i
thought i could just install it and go for ever. but when you really look at it. there is a ton of work involved. so if im spending about three grand you reccomend something else then bds? i had heard good things about them..
im liking the evo lift. could i do a 1 in body lift leveling kit, or would that not work?
Most Long Arm kits you will have to cut off your stock brackets and then bolt or weld on the new Long Arm brackets. So unless you are pretty good with tools than it maybe better to get them installed professionally.

There are a lot of different components that go into running an efficient/effective suspension while keeping your steering dialed in. I would recommend just spending some time going through and reading about different suspensions.

I agree, I have heard a lot of good things about BDS, but I have heard some people have issues with them trying to warranty their stuff. Granted, I am only speaking from word of mouth. I have never ran any of their kits so I can't speak directly to the quality of it. Plus, a lot of the sponsoring manufactures around here such as Evo, Full Traction, Teraflex, Rock Krawler, look out for us guys on the forum and give us great advice when we run into situations, and they all make awesome products.

It's your lift...but you could consider doing a 4'' lift and see how you like it. If in the end you need to go taller you could either get a body lift or add some coil spacers on top of everything.

Just realize that if you go too tall, you are probably not going to park in a lot of public garage spaces as most of them top out around 6'8''-6'10''.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you get a 4" kit or a leveling kit you can always add a body lift if you want. I have a 1.25" body lift from RC great price and works great for me just watch your thumbs when installing it haha

just do some research around the forum and go from there before you blow your money and may end up not being happy

Last edited by Cdyspeed; 11-29-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jsears
Most Long Arm kits you will have to cut off your stock brackets and then bolt or weld on the new Long Arm brackets. So unless you are pretty good with tools than it maybe better to get them installed professionally.

There are a lot of different components that go into running an efficient/effective suspension while keeping your steering dialed in. I would recommend just spending some time going through and reading about different suspensions.

I agree, I have heard a lot of good things about BDS, but I have heard some people have issues with them trying to warranty their stuff. Granted, I am only speaking from word of mouth. I have never ran any of their kits so I can't speak directly to the quality of it. Plus, a lot of the sponsoring manufactures around here such as Evo, Full Traction, Teraflex, Rock Krawler, look out for us guys on the forum and give us great advice when we run into situations, and they all make awesome products.

It's your lift...but you could consider doing a 4'' lift and see how you like it. If in the end you need to go taller you could either get a body lift or add some coil spacers on top of everything.

Just realize that if you go too tall, you are probably not going to park in a lot of public garage spaces as most of them top out around 6'8''-6'10''.

haha if i only was a bit faster oh well im pretty close in some parking decks and im not even on 37s yet lol got to watch out for those hanging signs they are nerve racking
Old 11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cdyspeed
haha if i only was a bit faster oh well im pretty close in some parking decks and im not even on 37s yet lol got to watch out for those hanging signs they are nerve racking
Those hanging signs are nerve racking. The tallest point on my Jeep is about 6'8'', which is how tall I am. So it works out well, if I know I can't walk under the Jeep certainly isn't going to make it under it.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

Those hanging signs are nerve racking. The tallest point on my Jeep is about 6'8'', which is how tall I am. So it works out well, if I know I can't walk under the Jeep certainly isn't going to make it under it.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Freak

Same here...I am this tall to. I use to wheel with a guy who could tell me trail width.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

TeraFlex 4" with 37" GoodYear MTR's, plenty of room with stock flares. Stay away from cambolts!
And this is Joe showing off!
Old 11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeep2007
And this is Joe showing off!
Yea notice he showed the good side the one he didn't loose a fender from jumping it on
Old 11-29-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Not to be mean or anything but you really need to do some research. It's not as simple as buying a lift if your trying to go that big.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeep2007
Same here...I am this tall to. I use to wheel with a guy who could tell me trail width.
Hopefully he didn't drive a JK, because that would be pretty cramped!

Quick Reply: Lift and 37s