Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which lift?

Old 07-09-2014, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Which lift?

So after a tire had an irreparable blowout, I decided it was time to get my 35s and lift. I chose 315/70R17 Cooper Discover AT3s and had them installed today. Now I'm ready for the lift. I'm settled on 2.5", and only want to pay around $350 for the lift. I do the work myself. I HAD decided on a Rugh Country spacer lift, but than I found a spring lift for about the same price. What should I do? Pros, Cons?

Spacer lift: 2007 2013 Jeep JK Rough Country 2 5" Series II Lift Kit with Shocks | eBay
Spring Lift: 2007 2013 Jeep 4 Door JK Wrangler 2 5" Lift Kit w PERF2 2 Shocks PERF679 | eBay
Old 07-09-2014, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to the Modified section and there's a sticky by Dirtman please read lots of good info on it. Link below

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/
Old 07-09-2014, 03:55 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Break out your calculator and do a comparison.

The spacer lift has swaybar links. How much to add them to the coil lift?
The spacer lift has a rear trackbar relo bracket. How much to add it to the coil lift?
The coils will likely give more than 2.5", right? How much to add some form of caster correction?
Do you want the front axle centered? How much to add an adjustable trackbar?
If you do a few searches, you might see that it is not uncommon for RC coils to lose height. So 'if' you have a problem with them, and even 'if' they replace for free, how much for your time and effort to rip it all apart again to replace?

Between those two, I would go with the BB.

But as noted above, you might want to just take a step back and research all of the various components so that you have a better idea of what you will want.

Last edited by nthinuf; 07-09-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks. I've done a lot of research already and my main concern WAS the lack of sway bar drops/trac bar relocating bracket. I want to do it right the first time and I have already been told that this is a pretty nice BB lift. Also, keeping the nice factory ride is fairly important to me.

Quick Reply: Which lift?