Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which lift

Old 01-05-2008, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question which lift

new to the jeep family,my 2008 4 dr rubicon is supposed to arrive mid feb,and would appreciate any input and advice as to which of the following lift kits are recommended,rubicon 3.5" superflex, 4"superlift c/w link arms,procomp stage ii.
i had the procomp 6" on my 2005 superduty and it was a good lift,as stated any recommendations are appreciated
Old 01-05-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lifts

Hi, I bought a rancho sport lift because it was available at my local store. for some reason you don't hear almost anybody talk about it. I have to say it is the first time I drive off the shop totally happy with a lift (in my time i have had around 15 lifts from different brands) two of my friends bought superlift 4 inch lifts, and totally regret it after they drove my jeep.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lawless
new to the jeep family,my 2008 4 dr rubicon is supposed to arrive mid feb,and would appreciate any input and advice as to which of the following lift kits are recommended,rubicon 3.5" superflex, 4"superlift c/w link arms,procomp stage ii.
i had the procomp 6" on my 2005 superduty and it was a good lift,as stated any recommendations are appreciated
A search will show a lot of threads where this has been discussed a lot. A lot of it depends on the setup you are looking for, what size tires, type of trails, etc...

I am partial to the OME lift from ARB. I used it on my TJ will probably install it on my JK.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Pro Comp stage II on my Jeep. After 3000 miles and plenty of wheeling I am very satisfied with it. It tracks straight at 75 MPH on the freeway and the MX6 shocks are great.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bds is the way to go they are very personal company meaning they will talk to you if you have any questions and they have a great product. I talked to them today for 45 mins just bs-ing after my question was answered.. after they saw the lift on my jeep on another forum im on they even sent me a pm thanking me. Talk to dave if you call them to place an order. He knew i was in a rush and he made sure my lift kit made the ups truck the day i spoke to him.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

I was going to purchase the FT Ultimate. I guess there are many good lifts.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Everybody on here will tell you that their lift is great. They are all pretty much comparable. Just remember that you get what you pay for (the less expensive lifts will not be as adjustable or have the ability to fine tune your suspension).. Just make sure you get adjustable control arms so you can dial in your axles and get the angles right.
As mentioned above, you also need to post what you are ultimately looking for as far as tire size, budget (non-existant with a Jeep ), capabilities, etc...

My lift is the RE 3.5 Superflex. I also added the 1" M.O.R.E. body lift and I am running 37 inch Toyos. No problems as of yet and it rides nice. Tracks straight and turns alot of heads.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bondsman
Everybody on here will tell you that their lift is great. They are all pretty much comparable. Just remember that you get what you pay for (the less expensive lifts will not be as adjustable or have the ability to fine tune your suspension).. Just make sure you get adjustable control arms so you can dial in your axles and get the angles right.
AMEN.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

thanks all for advice,i would like to add the following,my jeep will be a daily driver,lots of highway miles,also i will be adding a front and rear bumper and a winch,there will also be times when i will have two 150 quart coolers fully loaded in the back aprox 400 lbs,now for offroad,the jeep will be used for hunting, it will see lots of mud and deep holes full of water,hence the reason for the lift,i will be installing larger tires probably procomps,35x 12.5x 17,after more research and looking at some of the pictures on this great site i now have more questions,it seems that the lifts for jeeps are geared for rock climbing,with huge amounts of articulation, i don't know if this much articulation is required for what i will be doing,i would also rafher have a stiff suspension rather than soft and not have to worry about bottoming out the suspension,i certainly will install a kit with adjustable arms,as i am not a fan of cams,any more advice is greatly appreciated
Old 01-12-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lawless
thanks all for advice,i would like to add the following,my jeep will be a daily driver,lots of highway miles,also i will be adding a front and rear bumper and a winch,there will also be times when i will have two 150 quart coolers fully loaded in the back aprox 400 lbs,now for offroad,the jeep will be used for hunting, it will see lots of mud and deep holes full of water,hence the reason for the lift,i will be installing larger tires probably procomps,35x 12.5x 17,after more research and looking at some of the pictures on this great site i now have more questions,it seems that the lifts for jeeps are geared for rock climbing,with huge amounts of articulation, i don't know if this much articulation is required for what i will be doing,i would also rafher have a stiff suspension rather than soft and not have to worry about bottoming out the suspension,i certainly will install a kit with adjustable arms,as i am not a fan of cams,any more advice is greatly appreciated
My wife and I have Clayton Offroad suspensions on our TJ and XJ. There's no doubt that we will have the same done to our JK when the time comes.

Quick Reply: which lift