Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift????

Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift????

Hi all, purchased a used '07 rubicon ( only had a little over 34K on it), and the previous owner had it lifted, I have no idea how high or what type/brand kit was used. Is there any method for determining how big a lift kit was put on?
Old 02-09-2012, 03:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Post some pics of your Jeep and it's suspension.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by baileyj
Hi all, purchased a used '07 rubicon ( only had a little over 34K on it), and the previous owner had it lifted, I have no idea how high or what type/brand kit was used. Is there any method for determining how big a lift kit was put on?
ID'ing the components is a good start as long as it isn't a frankenlift. Springs/spacers, trackbar bracket, shocks, control arms; are good places to start. Post pics and somebody will have the answer.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baileyj
Here's a diagram that might help you determine how much lift you have. Hope it helps!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	275954
Old 02-10-2012, 02:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks all, will try to get some pics, supposed to be raining here this weekend though. I'm gonna try and change my oil this Saturday before the rain hits, i'll crawl around under there and start sluething.

Quick Reply: Lift????