Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: What lift should i do
6in lift with 37s??????
8.57%
6in lift with 35s?????
4.29%
4.5in lift with 35s????
35.71%
4.5in lift with 33s???
1.43%
2.5in lift with 33s??
47.14%
2.5in lift with 32? =[
2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

lift??????

Old 06-09-2010, 07:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would vote for a TF 2.5" coil lift with 35's. That was the perfect combo to me. I like the TF 4" and the 37'sI have now but the jeep drove sooooooooooo much better with the 2.5 coil lift and 35's.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Just look at my signature, Its been working really well for me, and should do even better for you since you have lockers! Good luck with any decision you make.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Just look at my signature, Its been working really well for me, and should do even better for you since you have lockers! Good luck with any decision you make.
have you addressed your drive shafts?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

2.5" TF BB and 35's if you are so young that you worry about what your dad thinks. You'll have a capable ride, save money, and nobody sheds any tears.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grantp
2.5" TF BB and 35's if you are so young that you worry about what your dad thinks. You'll have a capable ride, save money, and nobody sheds any tears.
Spoken like someone without any kids.

etsam,
What was your dad's logic for this argument? Is he worried that it'll be too tall with a 6" kit and may roll over (concerned for your safety), too tall to get into (concerned for his back), too tall to get any gas mileage better than 12 mpg (concerned for your [and eventually his] pocketbook)? There are plenty of solutions that could be amicable for both of you as you probably already noticed from the other responses. It seems like you can float the cost so the questions you need to ask yourself are:
How much will I wheel it?
What will I be wheeling on (rocks, mud, ruts/trails, etc)?
The question above will lead to:
How big of tires do I need?
What fits and what hits as far as those tires go?

There are plenty of people on here that regret their first decision and end up paying more/doing more work the second time around like getting 33's when they really wanted 35's and so on. Doing a poll is an ok way to go I suppose, but in the end, it will give you what everyone ELSE wants, not necessarily you (and in this case, your father as well).
Personally, I'd try to bring my old man in on the decision too if possible. Sit down and look at some Gallery pics, talk to him about how these larger tires will slow your rig down so much that you can't really speed anyhow, etc, to get him over to your team (then you can get him turning wrenches when it comes lift time too). Just a suggestion.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally I wouldn't go any higher than 4.5" because you'd be sacrificing CG. A good 3" lift can get you pretty far and you can run pretty large tires by doing other things...check out planman's posts to give you an example. Just my
Old 06-09-2010, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

i am paying for it =] i have been saving up woot woot super lift on jeep

Quick Reply: lift??????