Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

license plate shrockworks bumper

Old 02-28-2007, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question license plate shrockworks bumper

i was lookin at the new shrockworks front bumper and it looks pretty cool

but in texas i'm pretty sure that you need a front license plate.

i know there is a license plate adapter for a roller fairlead like on some winch bumpers, but the fairlead on this one is hawes i think

anyone have any suggestions?

el dentist
Old 02-28-2007, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by el dentist
i was lookin at the new shrockworks front bumper and it looks pretty cool

i know there is a license plate adapter for a roller fairlead like on some winch bumpers, but the fairlead on this one is hawes i think

anyone have any suggestions?

el dentist
I hang mine from bendable banding strap and push it up out of the way so you can't see it.......makes the bumper look like crap. At least it's up front and if you get pulled over you can say you must have bent it up off roading at the mall. Maybe the police will let you off for creativity.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by el dentist
i

el dentist

I am 100% sure you must have a front License plate in Texas, and have tickets to prove it.

I like the shockworks bumper also, will be watching to see what the answers are.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in Georgia now (no front plates!), but I used to be in California where you are supposed to have the front plate displayed. My trick for this with a hawse fairlead is pretty simple...
Just get some rare eath magnets, they are easy to find at hardware stores or craft stores. Get some really good glue, like two-part epoxy for metal, and glue the magnets to the back of the license plate. Then stick it on your bumper.
The rare earth magnets are really strong if you get the bigger ones. I never lost my plate. Just be sure to remove it when wheeling.

Quick Reply: license plate shrockworks bumper