Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Leveling / Visibility

Old 03-21-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling / Visibility

I bought my JK with a lift already installed. The one thing that has bugged me since I bought it was that it isn't level. It's already been recommended that I get coil spacers to level it out. BUT, I was on the trail the other day and realized that the higher the front end is, the lower the visibility in front of me correct? If so, that doesn't seem like a very smart decision.

Anyone want to chime in? Pros and cons.....
Old 03-21-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Never thought of it that way - trails are so different that you will eventually get into a situation where your front end goes up so high that visibility is obscured whether you are lifted or not. Adjusting your seat to max height when you are offroad is good for short guys like me also.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will agree that my jeep sags in the rear. And drives me nutz and I wish I could figure out a way to get it up just enough to fix it
Old 03-21-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C0mf0rt
I bought my JK with a lift already installed. The one thing that has bugged me since I bought it was that it isn't level. It's already been recommended that I get coil spacers to level it out. BUT, I was on the trail the other day and realized that the higher the front end is, the lower the visibility in front of me correct? If so, that doesn't seem like a very smart decision.

Anyone want to chime in? Pros and cons.....
The more you drive your jeep on the trail the more you will get to know your jeeps dimensions and the more comfortable you will get with low visibility situations.

Ground clearance is your friend as well. Besides, lifting the front end 1"-2" is not going to make such a huge difference that your going to loose huge amounts of forward vision.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

Good info guys... thanks... and I never thought about raising the seat ... that's REALLY good advice... I'm not exactly pushin the height limit.

Quick Reply: Leveling / Visibility