Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Leveling Rear of My jeep

Old 12-08-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling Rear of My jeep

The back of my jeep seems to be sagging. Might be the tire carrier and hardtop and roof rack that add extra weight in the back? I especially notice it when packed up with crap for the weekends.
Front I only have a bumper, no winch.
So my question is should I just buy 1 1/2" teraflex spacers for the back?
I currently have Rusty's 2.5" lift, with coils and shocks, but no other suspension components replaced. Will that strain anything too much?
Should I look for more heavy duty rear springs? I do tow my boat and camper a few times a year.
Thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOL might chime in here but ive seen an air bag system that fits inside the rear coils. are you on stock suspension? Maybe try the teraflex coil leveling kit for not much lift but stiffer coils. If you have a 2dr that was originally a soft top without tow pkg, try a set of 4 door dual top tow pkg coils.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

No, not stock. 2.5" Coil Lift and Springs from Rusty's. I'm not trying to go crazy with airbag system.
My question is should I find beefier springs, or should I use spacers. are the spacers going to just induce more sag in the springs.

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
WOL might chime in here but ive seen an air bag system that fits inside the rear coils. are you on stock suspension? Maybe try the teraflex coil leveling kit for not much lift but stiffer coils. If you have a 2dr that was originally a soft top without tow pkg, try a set of 4 door dual top tow pkg coils.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Since you have Rusty's stuff now I'd call them and ask for their suggestion. If you aren't satisfied with that, call David at Northridge4x4 and have him send you some HD OME rear coils. I'd definitely do beefier springs rather than spacers.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by tslewisz
Since you have Rusty's stuff now I'd call them and ask for their suggestion. If you aren't satisfied with that, call David at Northridge4x4 and have him send you some HD OME rear coils. I'd definitely do beefier springs rather than spacers.
X2 I agree.. spacers will give u more height, but since its an issue of weight ur having I would get a heavier spring for the back..

sent by the rinkish with tapatalk power!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Since you aren't stock, I'd also recommend calling rustys and then calling david at northridge.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Ordered larger rear springs

I called Rusty's finally and ordered the springs from their 3.25 lift. So I'll be running 2.5" lift in the front, and 3.25" lift springs in the back. Both with their shocks. I'll take some pictures and let you all know how it goes.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put the 3.25" coil springs in and the jeep is much more level. Sorry the pictures are dark, but you can see the height. The jeep looks pretty level in the first picture, but once it's loaded down for the weekend travels it really sags. these springs have alot more umf, and do alot better with the boat on the back too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0027.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	143233Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0029.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	143234

Quick Reply: Leveling Rear of My jeep