Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Leveling question...AGAIN

Old 10-12-2009, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling question...AGAIN

I know that the 09 JK comes with the dragster lean on the front. I am adding a Rock Hard front bumper and 10,000 winch this week. My question is what would be the easiest fix to this. I am adding a lift down the road, but want a temp fix for now. Help me rid my jeep of this lean...tks
Old 10-12-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would think, with the added weight of the bumper and winch, just add a set of coil spacers to your front end. Probly around 2" in the front?? Maybe measure before you add the bumper and winch, than after, and figure another 1.5" on top of the difference.

Anthony
Old 10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was thinking, more like hoping a 2" spacer is all I would need
Old 10-12-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think if you cant get coil lift you should get a 1.75" spacer for front axle and that should level it. daystar makes them. got the 3/4" in mine and love it. really i would get the terraflex 2.5" spring lift and go from there.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Marshall
I know that the 09 JK comes with the dragster lean on the front. I am adding a Rock Hard front bumper and 10,000 winch this week. My question is what would be the easiest fix to this. I am adding a lift down the road, but want a temp fix for now. Help me rid my jeep of this lean...tks
There is no 'easiest' fix. Adding a spacer or putting in a whole new coil involve the same amount of work, since you have to remove the existing coils for both. With all the added weight, new coils would definitely be preferred, since your stock ones will be squished.

But how soon is
I am adding a lift down the road
? That is what I would base my decision on...
Old 10-12-2009, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hoping to put on the 3.5"AEV/Nth degree premium lift in about 10 months. So the the coil spacer should suffice for that long.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marshall
Hoping to put on the 3.5"AEV/Nth degree premium lift in about 10 months. So the the coil spacer should suffice for that long.
The spacer will not eliminate all of the rake, but it be a bit less than stock. The AEV kit is a great choice since you have extta weight on the front. If you add a rear bumper and carrier you l sit level with great handling.

Quick Reply: Leveling question...AGAIN