Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Leveling kit SHOWDOWN! low lift 2012 JKU Sahara

Old 10-27-2012, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rancho 2" Sport System - 2" coils and 0.75" spacer up front, 0.75" spacer in back. 4 rs9000xl shocks.

Rides much better than stock, shocks have 9 adjustable settings. Had them set on the stiffest (9) after the install and man were they stiff. Dropped them down to a 3 and it's crazy how nice the ride is now. Really happy with it.

Sorry for the crap garage shots. All I have right now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (32).jpg
Views:	340
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	382820   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).jpg
Views:	260
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	382821  
Old 10-27-2012, 03:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jkjouster
robar,

i have read your write up and i think its great.

my only issue with this route is the neew springs possibly being to stiff.

i plan on a light weight bumper, so front weight is not an issue. i believe these springs may be stiff without a heavy bumper of car full of passengers.

do you have any additonal pictures of your stance with with evo lvl kit
A couple of phone pics I took today:

Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KiowaGuy
I recently put on an ARB front bumper and winch on a stock JKUR which caused the front rake to be so obvious my wife came out into the garage with the initial comment of "uh... Did you notice it looks like its about to flip forward?" With that I immediately went about to correct it. I plan on putting a full TF lift, 35's, and new wheels as soon as I run through the OEM tires. Money wise
I just can't justify new shoes with half the tread still left. That being said I also didn't want to drop a bunch on a smaller lift but didn't want just pucks all around either. I ended up going with Rough Country's 2in coils up front and 1in pucks on the rear. I got a true 2in from the original stock height prior to the bumper install and with the 1in pucks on the rear a level jeep. It rides better than stock and the front suspension performs as it was original designed. Two front springs and two 1in pucks for the rear cost me a little less than going with TF pucks only. Ultimately I'm looking forward to the full lift down the road but for a inexpensive remedy with stiffer coils for the added weight I can't complain. The original coils seemed "squishy" with the added weight. It's the best part of owning a Jeep; totally customizable to each persons preference.
How's the rubbing with the swaybar Disconnected? I like the price and sounds of the RC kit but am deciding if I'll need to cut fenders too
Old 10-28-2012, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

Rubicon express bb handles and rides great with the mono shock upgrade and you can run 35s on it,though it cost $500 I wouldn't own another lift.Its a 2 inch puck in the front and 1 1/2 rear and it rides better than stock and sits level with no rubbing

Last edited by Crowesjk; 10-28-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default Bump steer?

Do any of you have issues with bump steer after installing the terraflex leveling kit? I installed “performance accessories “ leveling kit. It added 1 3/4” to the front and 3/4” to the rear. It looks great with my 33” trail grapplers, but she’s all over the place on a bumpy interstate.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit SHOWDOWN! low lift 2012 JKU Sahara