Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

leveling kit pucks or springs

Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I recently have done a 1.5" tereaflex performance kit on my 2013 jku and ran with 285/75-16 toyo open country at2's (33") and less than a month ago I put an AEV 2" kit on my 2104 JKUR running 285/70-17 open country at2's (33") and both have been great. The AEV kit lifted about 1/2" more all around then the TF kit did (stock springs on my 14 are 18/60) for an honest 2" up front and 1" in rear. The AEV kit rides 100% like stock and I put it on with less then 150 miles on the jeep. I think the TF kit did feel really good on and off road but the rear springs sagged within a month and I got the rear squat look. I did email TF and they sent spacers to take care of the sag. If I were doing another TF kit I would want to put 1/2" rear spacer in from the get go so I would save doing it right away again anyway.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:48 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Kojack
I have the teraflex spacer leveling kit on my jeep now, I love the stance. I am replacing it with the Eibach leveling springs from quadratec because my stock springs have sagged in the rear a bit. Nice thing about the eibach springs is they are progressive wound where as other leveling springs are linear. I dont want any more lift than what i have now, but I want a better spring than stock. I am also using monroe reflex monotube shocks which made a HUGE improvement in ride and handling. If you go with teraflex for leveling or whatnot, replace the swaybar links with something else, the bushing setup they use is absolute garbage. They have customer service that is second to none, but I am on my 4th bushing replacement now. They sent me updated links as well with new joints in one end, but the other end still has the same bushings and guess what, they are wore out again. Other than that quibble, their stuff is solid.

You can't really go wrong with any quality part for the jeep. All companies for the most part have good solid products. This is just my expereience.
you might want to read this thread.

Ordered Eibach Springs and Rancho 9000xl - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Old 11-12-2013, 04:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I am going by what the manufacturer said, NOT quadratec. I will still get them and see what happens.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:00 AM
JK Jedi

I am going by what the manufacturer said, NOT quadratec. I will still get them and see what happens.
I am curious when you talked to Eibach. I emailed them at least 10X's and called their website phone number as many times and they would never answer me. I wanted Eibach springs because I have used them on motorcycles but they would never get back to tell me if they were in fact progressive. If they are in fact progressive I will be buying a set of front springs. What number did you call and get an answer on? thanks jeff
Old 11-12-2013, 05:14 AM
JK Junkie

I called their tech support line. Got through pretty well right away. never got an answer the first time I called, waited a couple of days and got the answers I was looking for. I have used eibach on my motorcycles, on my supercharged integra and modded challenger my brother owns. All with amazing performance, I expect nothing less from the leveling kit.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Jedi

I called their tech support line. Got through pretty well right away. never got an answer the first time I called, waited a couple of days and got the answers I was looking for. I have used eibach on my motorcycles, on my supercharged integra and modded challenger my brother owns. All with amazing performance, I expect nothing less from the leveling kit.
well it is weird that we both have conflicting information. I finally did get Eibach to answer phone five minutes ago and they told me that they only make springs to Quadratechs specs and they have no way of knowing what the specs are (strange but this is what they just told me) and only QT would be privy to that information. I asked if it would be possible to tell from a photo and he said generally springs that have a group of coils closer together then other groups of coils can sometimes be progressive springs but that in itself is no guarantee. He said the only way to be sure is to ask QT.

I do hope they are progressive because they are a great deal and if they are I will get some myself.

Last edited by jadmt; 11-12-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

whats really funny is the guy blurted out the spring rates and everything to me...ha ha! He must be new, but I double checked and said you are sure, not just pro kit is progressive, he said yes!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:16 AM
JK Jedi

whats really funny is the guy blurted out the spring rates and everything to me...ha ha! He must be new, but I double checked and said you are sure, not just pro kit is progressive, he said yes!
I hope he is correct. The guy I talked to sean or shawn said there was no way to know what the spring rates where because those springs are something they make special for QT so they have no data at hand concerning coils they make for others. Strange indeed. I hope they are progressive because I will use them.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I recently have done a 1.5" tereaflex performance kit on my 2013 jku and ran with 285/75-16 toyo open country at2's (33") and less than a month ago I put an AEV 2" kit on my 2104 JKUR running 285/70-17 open country at2's (33") and both have been great. The AEV kit lifted about 1/2" more all around then the TF kit did (stock springs on my 14 are 18/60) for an honest 2" up front and 1" in rear. The AEV kit rides 100% like stock and I put it on with less then 150 miles on the jeep. I think the TF kit did feel really good on and off road but the rear springs sagged within a month and I got the rear squat look. I did email TF and they sent spacers to take care of the sag. If I were doing another TF kit I would want to put 1/2" rear spacer in from the get go so I would save doing it right away again anyway.
Can you post up a pic
Old 11-12-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Jedi

here is the 13 with TF 1.5"

here is the 14 with aev 2"

Quick Reply: leveling kit pucks or springs