Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

leveling kit pucks or springs

Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leveling kit pucks or springs

My wifes new jku hasn't been delivered yet. But I want to have her leveling kit here when its delivered. I want to keep as close to.stock ride and handling as possible.....looking at teraflex either the coil spring leveling kit or spacer kit...this will only be a mall crawler. Also will be going with 285/70r17's.. I know the pucks are cheaper but to ensure the best ride and handling I will spend the extra cash
Old 11-11-2013, 10:47 PM
JK Super Freak

How big of a leveling kit do you want? 1", 1.5", 2", even 3"! ? There are quite a few options out there other than the typical puck/spring debate you see every week on here. Check out the search option, you'll find hundreds of opinions.

Personally, I had a TF 1.5" puck kit on mine with 33's, it just didn't look right. I upgraded to the TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost (with shock adapters) and improved the stance while gaining some small parts to help out off road. It's a great starter kit, I should have done it from the start (just an FYI).

I'd add pics but the Forum keeps telling me it's out of date and needs fixed.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the teraflex spacer leveling kit on my jeep now, I love the stance. I am replacing it with the Eibach leveling springs from quadratec because my stock springs have sagged in the rear a bit. Nice thing about the eibach springs is they are progressive wound where as other leveling springs are linear. I dont want any more lift than what i have now, but I want a better spring than stock. I am also using monroe reflex monotube shocks which made a HUGE improvement in ride and handling. If you go with teraflex for leveling or whatnot, replace the swaybar links with something else, the bushing setup they use is absolute garbage. They have customer service that is second to none, but I am on my 4th bushing replacement now. They sent me updated links as well with new joints in one end, but the other end still has the same bushings and guess what, they are wore out again. Other than that quibble, their stuff is solid.

You can't really go wrong with any quality part for the jeep. All companies for the most part have good solid products. This is just my expereience.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:36 AM
JK Newbie

Want to do 2" infront and 1" in the rear...we wont have any bumpers added... We ran the 2.5.tf coil kit on her 08 2dr. Not looking to go that route again
Old 11-12-2013, 01:52 AM
JK Junkie

thats what the eibach gives you. 2 front, 1 rear.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
thats what the eibach gives you. 2 front, 1 rear.
I might have to also look into these
Old 11-12-2013, 03:25 AM
JK Junkie

best part about them is the progressive build. great for weight carrying. As I said earlier, I called Eibach direct and they confirmed they indeed are progressive.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
best part about them is the progressive build. great for weight carrying. As I said earlier, I called Eibach direct and they confirmed they indeed are progressive.
Good point, I may check these guys out just for interest.

The TF 2"/1" spacer lift will give you a great LEVEL STANCE, and does not change the stock ride. (OEM coils re-used) Great kit, it's what I have, and I'm totally happy with it, Jeep looks and drives great!!

If you plan to hang after market bumpers, then look to a coil lift, the added wait will rob you of any lift a spacer kit gives you over time.....kind of what I'm thinking / going next maybe.

TF is a great product.

Good luck
Old 11-12-2013, 03:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had the pucks for over two years now and wish I got the coils. I think the pucks make the jeep ride slightly rougher, and it gets worse as your JK gets heavier.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:51 AM
JK Junkie

I haven't noticed any ride change with my teraflex spacer kit, but my passenger side rear is sagged compared to the rest, im not sure if its a split puck, or sagged spring. I have no bumpers etc on yet.

Quick Reply: leveling kit pucks or springs