Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lets talk Speedo Correction!?

Old 10-11-2007, 01:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wayoflife you the sh...! I will be on the phone with Northridge as soon as I wake up! (i work nights) Thanks for your advice!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by balencia
Three questions, is this programmer worth it, is there other programmers coming soon, and (the most important) can you do more than one jeep with the same programmer?

According to the manual the unit will only work on another vechile if the original vechile was programed back to stock.

A quote from the manual.

"ATTEMPTING TO PROGRAM A DIFFERENT VEHICLE
If attempting to program the computer in another vehicle
without first programming the original vehicle back to stock,
the following screen will appear:

CODE 91: PROGRAM YOUR VEHICLE BACK TO STOCK BEFORE

PROGRAMMING ANOTHER VEHICLE"
Old 10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I just received my unit, and installed and went to update and.........error! So I go and udate the "Tuner Udate Application" ...stuff starts whirring and unit flickers and......

Error code 020A!!!!!!!!!!!!

And customer support for hypertech is Closed after hours! This sucks, $200 so I could program before the trip tp Rausch tomorrow and NOTHING!

I am not a patient person.......grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Now even the dog is hiding under the desk!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usgaone
Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I just received my unit, and installed and went to update and.........error! So I go and udate the "Tuner Udate Application" ...stuff starts whirring and unit flickers and......

Error code 020A!!!!!!!!!!!!

And customer support for hypertech is Closed after hours! This sucks, $200 so I could program before the trip tp Rausch tomorrow and NOTHING!

I am not a patient person.......grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Now even the dog is hiding under the desk!

That was the same error I recieved. Hypertech sent me a new version of the tuner and it resolved my issue.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

doesn't help me for tomorrow!....oh well! patience is a virtue, that I just don't have!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just ordered mine, excited to try it out. I doubt this will help my poor mileage (9mpg) but I'm willing to try anything at this point. :-)
Old 11-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

9 mpg. The last time I checked I was pretty happy with my approx. 18.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah. It sucks.

35s + 5.13s + Auto + 100's of pounds of winch, bumpers, etc. + careful driving + (some hopefully undiscovered problem) = 9 mpg.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's pretty much right on to the configuration I'm planning. I will not be looking forward to getting that mileage. It seems like there must be something wrong. Just curious, how did you calculate your mileage with the odometer being off and all?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

My speedo is not off more than 2 or 3 mph, according to the GPS. So 9 mpg is not wrong by more than a few percent at most. I would be most interested in getting this tool for the error codes and hopefully some future updates might let it improve my shift program.

The dealer told me that if there is anything wrong that could be affecting the mileage, like mixture or something, there would be error codes and a check engine light. I've never had either.

Quick Reply: Lets talk Speedo Correction!?