Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lets talk Speedo Correction!?

Old 10-05-2007, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Product ID: PC-ACCUPRO
Product Name: ACCU PRO Speedometer and Odometer Calibrator - Jeep JK Wrangler
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $199.95

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
If you have ordered one of these please verify the part number is

Pro Comp ACCU PRO
Part #PC52001-1

if it is not please do not open it and give us a call and we will get you the correct one out asap.

If you do get the correct one we can not take returns once it is opened.

David
Old 10-05-2007, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOL-

Can we get some more info about the performance programmer that includes the speedo calibration? Do you know if you can use it with the JK? This would be part 52001 the one for "2003-07 Dodge Trucks and SUV with 5.7L Hemi engines". I realize that it is $200 more, but it might make it a more worthwhile purchase. However, It will be $200 wasted if it won't work. I can't find any info on the Pro-Comp site. Also, I have seen other manufacturers where you can pay additional fees to upgrade your calibrator to a programmer. Is this possible with the Pro-Comp?

All of this has got me wondering if any of the 2007 dodge hemi programmers will work to correct the speedo. I wondered this before since I know that there is a 3.7L option on the dodge 1500.

Later-
Old 10-05-2007, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Programmer

Originally Posted by Tom07JK
WOL-

Can we get some more info about the performance programmer that includes the speedo calibration? Do you know if you can use it with the JK? This would be part 52001 the one for "2003-07 Dodge Trucks and SUV with 5.7L Hemi engines". I realize that it is $200 more, but it might make it a more worthwhile purchase. However, It will be $200 wasted if it won't work. I can't find any info on the Pro-Comp site. Also, I have seen other manufacturers where you can pay additional fees to upgrade your calibrator to a programmer. Is this possible with the Pro-Comp?

All of this has got me wondering if any of the 2007 dodge hemi programmers will work to correct the speedo. I wondered this before since I know that there is a 3.7L option on the dodge 1500.

Later-

The Accu Pro and Power Pro is made by HyperTech for Pro Comp. Hypertech lists a little info on there web site. From the research that I have did the Power Pro will not work on the JK. I will call Hypertech today and see what they have to say.

www.hypertech.com/max_energy/index.html

www.hypertech.com/max_energy/pdf/me_dodges.pdf

Last edited by wayoflife; 10-05-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Post Accu Pro and Power Pro

Just got off the phone with Hypertech at present only the Accu Pro works on the JK. They informed me that the shifts points on the automatic arenot adjustable on any Dodge and Jeep vehicle. The Accu Pro will be upgradeable to the Power Pro if and when it is available for the JK.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mini-me-

Thanks for the info. I figured that was the case. Although the shift points aren't changeable, correcting the speedometer reading will get the shift points where they were with stock tires. This may or may not help with shift related issues.

Thanks,
Old 10-05-2007, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tom07JK
Mini-me-

Thanks for the info. I figured that was the case. Although the shift points aren't changeable, correcting the speedometer reading will get the shift points where they were with stock tires. This may or may not help with shift related issues.

Thanks,
I thought the stock shift points would be determined by the RPMs... is it the speedometer instead?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it is a combination of both. But I do not know one way or the other. Just guessing.

-Tom
Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Post Accu Pro

Originally Posted by blackmarketg4
when im done with mine i'll sell it!!! $175!

The unit will only work on another vechile if the original vechile was programed back to stock.
A quote from the manual.

"ATTEMPTING TO PROGRAM A DIFFERENT VEHICLE
If attempting to program the computer in another vehicle
without first programming the original vehicle back to stock,
the following screen will appear:

CODE 91: PROGRAM YOUR VEHICLE BACK TO STOCK BEFORE

PROGRAMMING ANOTHER VEHICLE"

I encountered a problem with my Accu Pro while programming my JK. While programming and after inputing the tire size I received a fault "ABS Communication Failure". I called the tech support and it was discovered that I received an older model of the unit. They are taking care of me by sending me a new one with a Saturday delivery. I'll let everyone know how the new unit works.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mini-me
...I called the tech support and it was discovered that I received an older model of the unit. They are taking care of me by sending me a new one with a Saturday delivery. I'll let everyone know how the new unit works.
Great service!
Old 10-05-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mini-me-

That is the standard form of VIN locking that most programmers have. That keeps everyone from programming all of their friends vehicles for free. Was there a date or revision number on the non-working unit? I am getting ready to order one and want to be sure I get the latest to avoid any problems.

Thanks,
Tom

Quick Reply: Lets talk Speedo Correction!?