Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lets talk Speedo Correction!?

Old 10-01-2007, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm up for the write up on this. Any information availble on purchasing (who-where) yet??
Old 10-01-2007, 03:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this other forum has a engine tweeker tool that they had and rented out. you would have to place a deposit for the total price and just pay shipping. when you returned it, the owner would then return the deposit minus $5.

are all of the PCAPs the same? there are a bunch on ebay for $175 and free shipping, but i dont see any for jeep.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:53 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Actually, I got mine from 4Wheel Drive Hardware for testing purposes and I would assume you could get it from them but I did not see it on their website. I do however know that Northridge4x4 has it listed on their website now here:

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=PC-ACCUPRO

As far as borrowing one goes, you might be able to do that but in all honesty, I think you'd want one for yourself especially since you have to set the ACCU PRO to the actual height of your tires and not what's listed on your sidewalls. In other words, as your tires wear, you can always recalibrate your speedo to be correct and if you get new tires of a different make, the actual height will most likely be different even if the sidewalls state the same size. Need I say, you will want to recalibrate for them as well. The added bonus of the ACCU PRO is that it will also read OBDII codes and can be upgraded to even more
Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Actually, I got mine from 4Wheel Drive Hardware for testing purposes and I would assume you could get it from them but I did not see it on their website. I do however know that Northridge4x4 has it listed on their website now here:

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=PC-ACCUPRO

As far as borrowing one goes, you might be able to do that but in all honesty, I think you'd want one for yourself especially since you have to set the ACCU PRO to the actual height of your tires and not what's listed on your sidewalls. In other words, as your tires wear, you can always recalibrate your speedo to be correct and if you get new tires of a different make, the actual height will most likely be different even if the sidewalls state the same size. Need I say, you will want to recalibrate for them as well. The added bonus of the ACCU PRO is that it will also read OBDII codes and can be upgraded to even more
good point.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, and on that note, I've already sent David an email. Will order one right away. That's great news. WayofLife, pm the basics, is it just plug and play?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

ya, I think there like 200 bucks... that is alot for such minimal use. I know they make a tuner/tire adjuster one aswell. That might be useful when it comes out for jk. I would buy it if it had that aswell.

The renting idea is great too.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is the accupro VIN locked once you have used it? This is the way most programmers work. You can only change the settings on one vehicle at a time. Therefore you can't loan it to your friends or "rent" it out. I don't think $200 is too much for a code reader and calibrator. Does it do anything with the shift points? Having your codes read or calibration changed at the dealer usually runs $100 a pop. WOL do a write-up on the features and steps for programming.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 10-02-2007, 06:48 AM
JK Jedi Master

its not vin locked, but it will void the warranty of the unit if you use it on more than one vehicle.

its suppose to correct shift points on the auto tranny as well

4WD's part number is PC520011

they switch ordering systems so they havent got the site updated yet. So you'll have to call them up.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

I have an obd II code reader I got for like 70 bucks. Reads all obd II codes on all vehicles.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Well, ordered mine! $200 isn't a big deal for my peace of mind, when added into all I have in the jeep already. Besides, I'll be trying it on my Commander as well. If it voids the unit warranty, I'll just get another!

Quick Reply: Lets talk Speedo Correction!?