Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lets talk Speedo Correction!?

Old 11-08-2007, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Mileage

Originally Posted by briandunning
Just ordered mine, excited to try it out. I doubt this will help my poor mileage (9mpg) but I'm willing to try anything at this point. :-)
Is that all city driving? I have an Unlimited Rubi manual with 5.13's and 35's and I get 15 mpg with a combination city and highway driving.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mostly city, but very carefully done, we're pretty sensitive about the mileage. I think the auto is largely to blame. It seems like it's ALWAYS in the wrong gear. But, no error codes.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Post Error codes and not needing a reader

My speedo is not off more than 2 or 3 mph, according to the GPS. So 9 mpg is not wrong by more than a few percent at most. I would be most interested in getting this tool for the error codes and hopefully some future updates might let it improve my shift program.

The dealer told me that if there is anything wrong that could be affecting the mileage, like mixture or something, there would be error codes and a check engine light. I've never had either.

Brian,

Take your ignition key and turn it off/ on/ off three times. The final time leaving the ignition in the "on" position the odometer area will then display 6 dashes. Wait a couple seconds. No faults the word "d0nE" will be displayed. I am not joking this actually does work. A friend told me about it works on his Dodge truck and on my Jeep.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting! It took me about 20 tries before I got the six dashes, but like you said, after a few seconds -dOnE- came up. I have no faults. :-)
Old 11-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mini-me
Brian,

Take your ignition key and turn it off/ on/ off three times. The final time leaving the ignition in the "on" position the odometer area will then display 6 dashes. Wait a couple seconds. No faults the word "d0nE" will be displayed. I am not joking this actually does work. A friend told me about it works on his Dodge truck and on my Jeep.
Is this just a system check or is it supposed to perform some action too?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mostly city, but very carefully done, we're pretty sensitive about the mileage. I think the auto is largely to blame. It seems like it's ALWAYS in the wrong gear. But, no error codes.
You may have something with the shift points, especially since I'd figure a manual with the same gearing to get worse mileage in the lower gears, because they're lower than the automatic gears.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah. It sucks.

35s + 5.13s + Auto + 100's of pounds of winch, bumpers, etc. + careful driving + (some hopefully undiscovered problem) = 9 mpg.
Jeeze, I have an '89 F/S Bronco, with a 351w, auto, 33's and what ever gears it came with, and it does better than 10, not much, but a little better.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Does the unit work for 08s yet?

Reading all this, I have an 08 with 35" tires.

Want to order unit if it works.

Blue Mesa
Old 07-09-2008, 02:02 PM
***erator

Anyone In the Vegas area want to go in on one? PM me.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default what gear ratio

sorry i have my flashcal in hand, and dont have time to read thru the whole thread. i have manual transmission with 35 inch tires. ive heard 4.56 gear ratio was correct . did i miss something?

Quick Reply: Lets talk Speedo Correction!?