Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Let the guessing games begin

Old 03-17-2014, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let the guessing games begin

This fine freezing morning in upstate NY, I started my jeep and noticed it sounded a bit off, to describe this sound I would say a slow rough idle, OR maybe just rough , I thought maybe it was in my head(this is to show it wasn't 'that' bad. Well before I got out of the driveway my transmission light came on. I have a 6 speed. The only work I have done in the last week is:
Changing engine oil with synthetic might have been 10w30
Changed front and rear differential fluids, with mobile1 synthetic
Changed all shock bushings out
I loosened my steering stabilizer to see if the salt up here had ruined it but just put it back on.
None of those could be a reason but I wanted to leave nothing out.
Any ideas?
Sadly I think this may become the straw that broke the camels back and my wife may want me to get rid of the jeep. I am already in the middle of trying to fix the reappearance of death wobble.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:32 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Wgrin
This fine freezing morning in upstate NY, I started my jeep and noticed it sounded a bit off, to describe this sound I would say a slow rough idle, OR maybe just rough , I thought maybe it was in my head(this is to show it wasn't 'that' bad. Well before I got out of the driveway my transmission light came on. I have a 6 speed. The only work I have done in the last week is:
Changing engine oil with synthetic might have been 10w30
Changed front and rear differential fluids, with mobile1 synthetic
Changed all shock bushings out
I loosened my steering stabilizer to see if the salt up here had ruined it but just put it back on.
None of those could be a reason but I wanted to leave nothing out.
Any ideas?
Sadly I think this may become the straw that broke the camels back and my wife may want me to get rid of the jeep. I am already in the middle of trying to fix the reappearance of death wobble.
Transmission light?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Actually could be check engine light:/
Old 03-17-2014, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to your local auto zone and have the code read for free. CEL can be a number of things and a code will help diagnos.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Well the light went off and the jeep sounds normal again. Autozone didn't show any errors.

Quick Reply: Let the guessing games begin