Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lessons Learned and Veteran Knowledge

Old 08-03-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by justjeff
All the above are great ideas. Remember to factor in labor charges if you are unable to do the work yourself. Also, there are plenty of Jeep clubs with friendly people. you may be able to persuade a few to help with a bride of pizza and beer. The craft shops on the bases have a ton of tools and personnel to help you if all else fails. JEEP ON
If you join a club. Most guys just love working on jeeps and will do it for pizza wings soda and beer. Beer is for the last parts of the job then we can get tipsy at the finish of the job. It's a man bonding time. Plus it gives time for the women to get together and chat as well.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The best advice I can give is take your time and research everything. You have come to the right place for information and ideas. We also have some great sponsoring vendors that offer great prices and service and a forum member discount. Good luck!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am no jeep expert but I think some of the guys have some great advise. Keep the stock wheels and plastidip them, use spacers and run 35's. Then spend the bulk of your money on a good lift and shocks with adjustable arms. I didn't get arms and have been kicking myself since I installed. Then you should be able to do most of the other stuff you want. I just did a lift and 4 tires and wheels (another mistake looks so stupid with the tiny spare) for $2800 with a flash cal installed it myself. What part of Texas are you in?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default Decision Made....

Ok all. I have made my decision, placed my order, and am waiting for install....

I went with.... (drum roll please)

3.5" Rubicon Express Lift
Pro Comp Pro Runner Monotubes
Method 17" Standard Wheels (Black)
Toyo 35x12.50x17
Fox Steering Stabilizer

Will post pics when done......

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by texastriman
Ok all. I have made my decision, placed my order, and am waiting for install....

I went with.... (drum roll please)

3.5" Rubicon Express Lift
Pro Comp Pro Runner Monotubes
Method 17" Standard Wheels (Black)
Toyo 35x12.50x17
Fox Steering Stabilizer

Will post pics when done......

Thanks everyone!
Looks like a good build. May have done Bilstein or Fox on the shocks, but will be a nice setup.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

I have the same lift with Fox shocks and really am happy with it, since I don't have any extra mods it stands very tall with the 35's. Makes a great setup in my opinion. Everyone love the stance of my Jeep.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Good luck can't wait to see how it comes out

Quick Reply: Lessons Learned and Veteran Knowledge