Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Legato Exhaust

Old 07-20-2016, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen the website. I asked for pictures and videos from members of this forum because legato doesn't own this forum or the contents like they do on their website. Thanks
Old 11-12-2016, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default Tips Crackiing

I still think by far this is the best sounding exhaust for my tastes for my Rubicon, not too loud, not too quiet. Although both tips started cracking at the welds, after some emails and pictures to Legato I was assured a new exhaust was en-route.

2 Weeks later crickets, no emails returned, no tracking numbers, and no exhaust.

Website still up, have they gone out of business?

D.BRisson
Old 11-12-2016, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dbrisson
I still think by far this is the best sounding exhaust for my tastes for my Rubicon, not too loud, not too quiet. Although both tips started cracking at the welds, after some emails and pictures to Legato I was assured a new exhaust was en-route.

2 Weeks later crickets, no emails returned, no tracking numbers, and no exhaust.

Website still up, have they gone out of business?

D.BRisson
Does anyone know of this will fit on a 2008 2 door with a little modification? Has anyone tried it? Love the sound.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Not sure if the routing is the same, but cant really help. Can vouch for sound
Old 11-23-2016, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

Still no emails returned or shipping on replacement exhaust, website says backorder until dec but no contact from company. Was supposed to have a set on the way and now nothing. Tips are cracking along welds

Great sounding exhaust for price but might be a buyer beware thing
Old 11-23-2016, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Still no emails returned or shipping on replacement exhaust, website says backorder until dec but no contact from company. Was supposed to have a set on the way and now nothing. Tips are cracking along welds

Great sounding exhaust for price but might be a buyer beware thing
I have purchased two sets of exhausts; one for my 2015 Rubicon and one for my son's 2016 Sport. Mine has been on since August and my son's since October. No cracks near the tips - all is good. Did you install your system or did you have someone else do it? Did you set the system so the tips were touching or very close to the rear bumper? The latter may be your problem. In defense of Legato, I have had nothing but praise for their customer service. Have you called them? Sometimes emails get lost, deleted accidentally, or who knows?
Old 11-23-2016, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

The tips are cracking around the stainless areas where they are welded and rolled, they are coming apart at the seam. I did the install my self and nothing is touching rubbing, nor has touched the outer edges of the tips. Both sides are doing it the same way just different levels of deterioration.

They were very quick at first and now nothing, and its been a month so far. Definitely not an install problemClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4840.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	661552Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4847.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	661553
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4839.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	661551  

Last edited by dbrisson; 11-23-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Here is the original install pic and you can see the flat spot on the tip that is cracking the worst.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4956.PNG
Views:	222
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	661554Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4955.PNG
Views:	259
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	661555
Old 11-23-2016, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Here is the original install pic and you can see the flat spot on the tip that is cracking the worst.

Attachment 661554Attachment 661555
Did you go to Legato's site and do a "chat" to find out what's happening with their warranty? Or call them at 661-578-5448 (8-5 PST)? Pics look like something was dropped on your box in transport. Was the box smashed or were the tips not protected in that they should have been in their own box? Enjoy Turkey day and get on the phone on Friday.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Yes chat was worthless, no damage from shipping. They are rusting from the inside out. No emails for 3 weeks

Update; finally did get a returned email this evening saying shipping soon. We will see how long that takes

It's still over a month and 3 weeks no response

Quick Reply: Legato Exhaust