Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Legato Exhaust

Old 07-09-2016, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legato Exhaust

Has any forum member purchased and installed the Legato Exhaust on their Wrangler? If so, what are your thoughts? The unit looks good and priced right.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

i have just ordered one, shipping and response seems good so far. Will be at house 18 July and I can report from then.

Reviews seems to point at some hangar fitment issues but nothing special. I only hope its not to crazy loud or droney
Old 07-15-2016, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dbrisson
i have just ordered one, shipping and response seems good so far. Will be at house 18 July and I can report from then.

Reviews seems to point at some hangar fitment issues but nothing special. I only hope its not to crazy loud or droney
I wrote to them and they said that a new exhaust would be available in 10 days with longer passenger side hangers. They also said that in the kit with the "old" systems was included a hanger keeper and it did not require welding. Some of the reviews that had problems with the hanger talked about needing to take it to a muffler shop to weld on a washer. I am going to wait, but I hope that you are successful.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Mine did need the passenger side hangar stop welded, but i did it myself. I can say this is the best sounding JK exhaust i have heard. Not too raspy, zero drone, and while a nice tone at start and down low, it smooths out nicely on the highway. Can hear interior conversations and radio nicely while at 60 and above no issues.

The you tube vids make it seem louder than it is, so dont worry, it not a mean can of bees sound but a nice smooth increased tone.

Especially for the price, the tips are formed nicely and very clean bends
Old 07-20-2016, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

So the "hanger keepers" (lock washers) didn't seem secure enough? Weld needed? BTW do the tips interfere with the hooks under the bumper? MY Rubicon has two hooks about 38 1/2 inches apart. I am going to order in a couple of days so hope to hear from you. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Honestly didnt even try the keepers, just wanted the hangar nice and tight so i snugged up a washer and tacked it.

The tips are inboard of my 15 Rubicon hook no issues, but i only have one.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

My Rubicon is also a 2015 with two red hooks attached to either side of the rear bumper. Mine is a Hard Rock; dont know if that makes a difference. Anyway, thanks for your pointers and I'm off to order.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Do you have any pictures and videos of the exhaust?
Old 07-20-2016, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have MagnaFlow. Way TOO loud for my taste!!! My biggest mod regret !!
Old 07-20-2016, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Go to Legatoperformance.com for pics of the JK axle back exhaust. Plenty of info, pics, and sound bites. Send them an email if you have any specific questions and you will see what really good customer service they give. Price is also realistic unlike the "other" name brands.
BTW, the above is unsolicited by the Legato people and I don't have any economic interest in the company.

Quick Reply: Legato Exhaust