Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which LED Tail Lights?

Old 03-22-2015, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChairRepairHeatnAir
Yes. I think the turn signal wire is the only one the canbus monitors because the stock bulb is a dual filament. I wired the resistor from the turn signal hot to the ground wire.
Thank you. I just need a little more clarification. Where exactly did you do that? At the lamp end or somewhere up front?
Old 03-22-2015, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rodi

Thank you. I just need a little more clarification. Where exactly did you do that? At the lamp end or somewhere up front?
At the lamp end. Metalcloak has you cut off and re-use the pigtail from the original taillights and wire the OE plug to their taillight. I put the resistor on the taillight side to make it easier to wire it. They just hang down in the hole. The resistor creates heat, so you want to make sure that it doesn't touch any plastic.

Quick Reply: Which LED Tail Lights?