Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lease Buyout! - All mine now! First mods help.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lease Buyout! - All mine now! First mods help.

Now that I finally own my 2007 Unlimited (and not Chrysler Financial), I am pulling the trigger on first phase of mods: wheels and tires. I've done my research but I think that the Jeep crowd here can help me finalize it.
Lift is going to have to wait until phase two. I appreciate any answers and pics.

OK, to start, 2007 Unlimited 6 speed, 17" wheels - with 3:21 gears and NO LIFT. The vehicle will spend 90% on the road in the northeast.

I am going with 16"s because I prefer the look, and the prices.

For wheels I am going Cragar Soft 8's: 16" x 8" with 5" BS (does anyone think I should go with 16x7 and 4" BS???

I've decided on Goodyear DuraTrac, but need help on sizing.
Either 265/75-16 (comes in C and E load range) or
285/7516 (E load range only).

I know the 265's are close to stock and should not have any issues. What width and backspace would be best on those Cragars? How far pushed out will they be and do I need spacers? Also... C load or E load (C is a bit cheaper and lighter and it will only see sand wheeling). Any comments or pics?

If I go with the 285's I think it fills the wheel well better. What width and BS would be best with these? Is it too big with no lift: Too much extra weight for 3:21's? Spacers needed? Any comments or pics?

My mind is swimming with wheel and tire sizes and I hope you ladies and gents can get me focussed so I can spend my money!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Lease Buyout! - All mine now! First mods help.