Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

leaning jk

Old 08-23-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to throw this out there I ordered a new set of 4-door rubicon springs from the dealer last week. When I picked them up the parts guy said there were different part numbers for the front springs and he marked which one went where. When I looked at them earlier today for some reason I counted how many coils were on each spring. Seven on the left and eight on the right. Setting them side by side on flat ground they are the same height but obviously the right one has to be stiffer....
Old 08-23-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srtklr
Just to throw this out there I ordered a new set of 4-door rubicon springs from the dealer last week. When I picked them up the parts guy said there were different part numbers for the front springs and he marked which one went where. When I looked at them earlier today for some reason I counted how many coils were on each spring. Seven on the left and eight on the right. Setting them side by side on flat ground they are the same height but obviously the right one has to be stiffer....
Can you tell me what part # is for the left and right?

Mine seems even in the rear but 1" lower on the front passenger.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rballman
Can you tell me what part # is for the left and right?

Mine seems even in the rear but 1" lower on the front passenger.
There is no single part number. This thread explains it all:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/lets-solve-stock-springs-question-85825/

Quick Reply: leaning jk