Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

leaning jk

Old 04-02-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I have the OME 10mm coil trim spacers to correct for this issue, but I haven't installed them yet. I bought one for the front and rear and I'm guessing I should install both? When I take a measurement, the back seems level but the front is off by 1/4 to 3/8 like shown above. I'm not sure how that's possible, but do you guys think I should just install the front trim spacer only?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My co-worker just picked up a 2009 4 door X a month ago. From the factory it had a 5/8" lean to the passenger side.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

20 gallons of gas is heavy. Have you checked it with someone sitting in the drivers side? I'm about 235 or so I bet mine is close to level or leans to the D-side with me in it.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

It does seem to level out a bit with less than 1/4 tank of fuel and a 200lb.+ person in the driver's seat. For mine, it's still leaning a little to the right though.

I actually first noticed this while test driving the vehicle after installing my lift. The tank was 3/4 full and there was a 190lb person riding in the passenger side. I felt like I was leaning "in" a little, and it left enough of an impression on me that I eyeballed the vehicle from the front afterward. I could very easily see the sagging and I was sure I had done something wrong installing the lift. I drove myself crazy for 2 days trying to find a perfectly level place to measure the vehicle. I was also about to pull the springs and swap them when I decided to search this forum.

I'm surprised that so many people have found that they have this exact issue. I'm pretty comfortable with adding some small trim spacers to level things out. I drive with passengers and a full tank of gas often and I'm not comfortable leaning to the side on a regular basis. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive.

I find it odd that this is not compensated for at the factory level...
Old 04-02-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SaginawMike
It looks OK to me!

What he said...
Old 04-04-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Some hang to the left and some to the right, it's all about what she prefers....oh we were talking about JK's huh

My JK leans slightly as well, did it before the lift, did it after the lift; no more or less degree of lean after install....look at it this way...It's a Jeep Thing and you can tell people "you just wouldn't understand"!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SaginawMike
It looks OK to me!

is that a photo of Brown's syndrome?

I think he should just make up a story about how his jeep got shot a bunch of times during a drug deal, and that is its gangsta lean.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Junkie

Crikey! Mine was leaning 1 9/16" lower on the passenger side, tank full or empty. My springs under load were measuring axle to body less than 1/4" different. The frame was about 3/8" different. I finally went with the JKS ACOS setup then replaced the shocks for longer travel to level it as it was driving me nuts. I still haven't figured out why it would lean so far to the right. And no, Limbaugh has never been allowed on my radio.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

I'm pretty sure it's the rotation of the Earth... I bet the Aussie Jeeps lean to the left.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by YellowToy
I'm pretty sure it's the rotation of the Earth... I bet the Aussie Jeeps lean to the left.
Should've asked a scientist to begin with. So if I'd parked it head-in in my garage instead of backing it in I could've saved a bunch of money?

Quick Reply: leaning jk