Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Leaking zip air locker

Old 12-06-2015, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking zip air locker

I have a zip in my front and rear, I have used the lockers maybe on a dozen trail rides for individual obstacles. My rear locker has developed a leak in the differential where air comes out of the breather. Because of the rear leak neither front or rear will work which I found out on the trail. I pulled the diff cover and did not see any glaring problem so I assume it's in the locker itself. Anyone have a similar issue?
Old 12-06-2015, 04:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I swapped my Yukon locker connections with ARB. Mine just wouldn't hold pressure. The ARB are far better. I don't care for ARB, but they make much better product.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:01 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I swapped my Yukon locker connections with ARB. Mine just wouldn't hold pressure. The ARB are far better. I don't care for ARB, but they make much better product.
I swore arb used odd sized air fittings where zips use standard 1/4 if i recall. I watched a thing the other day comparing yukons zip to arb and yukons grizzly to detroit and yukon won both in terms of strength and warranty. I swear they mentioned air fittings as a down side on the arb.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
I swore arb used odd sized air fittings where zips use standard 1/4 if i recall. I watched a thing the other day comparing yukons zip to arb and yukons grizzly to detroit and yukon won both in terms of strength and warranty. I swear they mentioned air fittings as a down side on the arb.
I'm not comparing strength or operation. Straight up air fittings. The Yukon blow. Had a shop do my rear gears. They couldn't get the locker to hold pressure. Swapped in an ARB fitting and no issues. I dealt with the front. Same issue. Ordered new Yukon fittings. Same BS. Had a spare ARB from the shop and boom, worked like a champ. Just looking at them, the ARB are a better design. I won't blow up a locker, but I'm apparently the first person to get a locker replaced because they totally jacked up machining the splines. I want to like Yukon, but I've had nothing but issues.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:30 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Invest2m4

I'm not comparing strength or operation. Straight up air fittings. The Yukon blow. Had a shop do my rear gears. They couldn't get the locker to hold pressure. Swapped in an ARB fitting and no issues. I dealt with the front. Same issue. Ordered new Yukon fittings. Same BS. Had a spare ARB from the shop and boom, worked like a champ. Just looking at them, the ARB are a better design. I won't blow up a locker, but I'm apparently the first person to get a locker replaced because they totally jacked up machining the splines. I want to like Yukon, but I've had nothing but issues.
So it swapped easily it was the same size fitting? Yukon also takes less psi to lock (or unlock) typically
Old 12-07-2015, 08:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
So it swapped easily it was the same size fitting? Yukon also takes less psi to lock (or unlock) typically
I was under the impression that the line size for ARB was different. That said, I have no issues with the ARB fittings and Yukon line.

Quick Reply: Leaking zip air locker