Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LCA and alignment

Old 11-14-2013, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA and alignment

I'm getting new adjustable lca will I need an alignment after the install? Or do I need to do anything else?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

I think everyone will need some move vehicle info to help you. lift amount if any , reason for LCA, are you having any issues now , other istem you have on the front suspension, tires ?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

If you make them the same length as stock, nothing will have changed. But assuming you will set them longer than stock to raise the caster, how will you know what the new caster is?

There is a DIY alignment writeup up in the writeups area (index at the top of the page) that shows one method of ball-parking the numbers. The folks at Dynatrac described a better way to measure, but I don't think it is hosted here. I'll post it if I find the thread I saw it in.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

I have an 2 door auto with a 2.5 lift and I got the lca's really cheap so that's why I'm asking all these questions. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: LCA and alignment