Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Latch for tube doors

Old 06-15-2014, 08:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Latch for tube doors

Thinking of making my own tube doors. What is the best latch out there. I've heard the Rancho doors close and open great. Anyone know what latch it is, or another latch that you know works great? It's just hard for me to shell out 350 bucks for just a pair of rear doors.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a thread on here (can't remember name) where the guy bought bearclaw latches from I think Summit Racing??? I'll try and find it for ya
Old 06-15-2014, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've tried the smittybilt tube doors. I was happy with how they latched but didn't like the fact that you could only open the doors from the inside. I also had the rugged ridge one with the latch that locked. Not impressed.went through 3 sets before I just asked for my money back. I say if you have the skill and the tools just make your own. There are enough pics and diagrams to get measurements from. Post pics please.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Latch for tube doors