Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LA's vs LA's

Old 11-09-2010, 08:48 AM
rws
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patmcd44
The 3 link and 4 link RK system do very well on and off road. The 3 link setup is maximizes articulation and reduces binding on the trail and rock crawling. Rk has designed this system to preserve the stock geometry. The 4 link system is more geared to high speed wheeling and sand dunes. From what I was told, the 3 link design is the better all around setup for general off road use, and the 4 link system was developed in part to satisfy traditionalists that were weary of the 3 link setup. This debate has been hashed out in the past many times over, but the 3 link has now been proven on the trail as a bulletproof system that won't bind. If you have trouble choosing, go with the triple threat kit and you can add / remove the 4th link as desired. I hope this helps. Like I said before, the most important deciding factor for me was the customer satisfaction they have with both their products and service. Coupled with abuse proof warranty and made in USA, you really can't go wrong.
Awesome - That answers alot of my questions that I was wondering about.. Thank you for taking your time. What type of modifications did you need to do to the exhaust so that your Jeep could run the RK LA? My pre-cats are smoked right now and I need to have them replaced, or go a different way that will allow the RK LA to be put on the Jeep. You think the RIPP headers would interfere with the RK systems at all??
Old 11-09-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jkman77
DO YOU REALLY BELEIVE THAT?
I before E dude, Go to Chineseteachyouenglish.com
Old 11-09-2010, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Heres a few fact for ya . One is i dont spells so good. I thank you for the correction. And fact number 2 is since 2001 when china joined the world trade organization 26000 us manufacturing plants have closed their doors and moved to china. And many thousand more us owned companies have start new operations in china as well. Chinese imports are 35% cheaper in the us than they would be if we had a fair trading relationship. Do i buy chinese yes if it is the only option.

Last edited by jkman77; 11-09-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: SPELLING
Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 AM
rws
JK Enthusiast

The 3 link and 4 link RK system do very well on and off road. The 3 link setup is maximizes articulation and reduces binding on the trail and rock crawling. Rk has designed this system to preserve the stock geometry. The 4 link system is more geared to high speed wheeling and sand dunes. From what I was told, the 3 link design is the better all around setup for general off road use, and the 4 link system was developed in part to satisfy traditionalists that were weary of the 3 link setup. This debate has been hashed out in the past many times over, but the 3 link has now been proven on the trail as a bulletproof system that won't bind. If you have trouble choosing, go with the triple threat kit and you can add / remove the 4th link as desired. I hope this helps. Like I said before, the most important deciding factor for me was the customer satisfaction they have with both their products and service. Coupled with abuse proof warranty and made in USA, you really can't go wrong.
Not sure about the RIPP headers. RK or David at Northridge could probably address this after he gets mine installed this week. You would want to make sure you do all of your exhaust work after the RK kit is installed so you don't have to modify it twice. Good luck!
Any updates on your rig?? Let us know how it came out and your impressions.. You have them set it up as a 3-link or 4-link?