Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LA's vs LA's

Old 11-08-2010, 10:43 AM
rws
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LA's vs LA's

I'm going to be putting a LA on my JK soon and had my sites set on the TF 3"LA, but then started looking into other companies just to learn the differences (and becasue I'm addicted to Jeeps.. LOL) and ended up getting even more confused, verses learning. I was looking at the Rock Krawler 3.5 Aluminum LA, mostly because New England weather loves to eat up steel, and we live on the water too.. Salt all year round. So my question is, what is the pro's and cons of the different types of LA systems out there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tera, FT, and Rock Krawler all have different designs right?? What's the pro's and con's of those designs compared to each other?? And how the hell does the EVO LA system work??

Thanks ---> Confused as hell!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, that was a pretty good summary.

The 3.5" Triple Threat PRO Long Arm System is our aluminum version. It has high clearance lower control arms front and rear. It uses the 4 link front end and Independent 3 link rear! Up front it also has a drag link flip kit, HD Drag Link and Pro Aluminum Tie Rod. Not to mention that most of the components are high quality 7075 Aluminum and backed by an Abuse Proof Lifetime Warranty.. If you have any questions regarding that system or any other of our systems please let us know.

Rock Krawler
Old 11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another good reason to choose Rk is that it is Made in the USA!
Not imported from china (TF)
Old 11-08-2010, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A/C Guy
Another good reason to choose Rk is that it is Made in the USA!
Not imported from china (TF)
Nuthin wrong with Chinese stuff, flip the keyboard over your typin on.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:45 AM
rws
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by patmcd44
I chose the Rock Krawler X-Factor Plus 3.5" Long Arm kit, so I can speak to that kit. The main design difference the RK kit offers is their independent three link design. There has been considerable conversation about the pros and cons of a 3 link vs 4 link system. My research led me to think that the 3 link design was best for my application to maximize articulation and reduce binding. RK also makes a kit with a 4th link in the front that can be added or removed as desired (triple threat). The RK kit also uses lower arms that are contoured to provide extra clearance. There are also differences is size / strength / materials of components; especially bushings between the different manufacturers. The deciding factor for me was that through my research, I never saw a review or post from anyone who was running the RK kit that wasn't completely satisfied with it's on or off road performance. Time after time, the RK kit was praised for it's "better than stock" ride and handling. Mine will be finished in a few days...I can't wait.
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Wow, that was a pretty good summary.

The 3.5" Triple Threat PRO Long Arm System is our aluminum version. It has high clearance lower control arms front and rear. It uses the 4 link front end and Independent 3 link rear! Up front it also has a drag link flip kit, HD Drag Link and Pro Aluminum Tie Rod. Not to mention that most of the components are high quality 7075 Aluminum and backed by an Abuse Proof Lifetime Warranty.. If you have any questions regarding that system or any other of our systems please let us know.

Rock Krawler
So what's the difference (pros and cons) with a 3-link set-up and a 4-link set up? Do they handle differently on road and off road compared to each other? Also, I know there has to be exhaust modifications for the RK kit. What has to been done, and would the RIPP headers fit?

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Except the fact that you're supporting the world's 2nd largest economy that is forecasted to overtake the US's economy is some 15-20 years while our economy is in dire need of a revenue influx.. So yes, there is ALOT wrong with buying imports, especially Chinese imports, in the long-term.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:12 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by rws
Except the fact that you're supporting the world's 2nd largest economy that is forecasted to overtake the US's economy is some 15-20 years while our economy is in dire need of a revenue influx.. So yes, there is ALOT wrong with buying imports, especially Chinese imports, in the long-term.
Check yourself, bet you have as much imported stuff as I do in and on your house, vehicles and everything you own.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:45 AM
rws
JK Enthusiast

Check yourself, bet you have as much imported stuff as I do in and on your house, vehicles and everything you own.
I guarantee I don't - I look for that, specifically as that's what I do for a living. I have 2 companies that are in house/interior design business and we are the one of the few companies nation wide that sells products that are 100% domestically made. And when i say domestically made, I mean the product is built in the US from raw materials that are bought/grown from US mills. I know first hand how the manufacturers/mills in China run. I've seen it first hand, and witnessed the difference in quality verses US manufactures/mills. The quality is not there, and the workers will do just enough to make the product passable. I could get into this alot more as there are many, many factors which factor into Chinese goods being inferior - One being the communist government that owns 51% of ALL factories in that country which ultimately makes all decisions regardless of what the company itself wants. Again, I've seen this first hand and experienced. This country is still the best in the world at everything we do, for now. I just wish more people would support it so it can stay that way.

Last edited by rws; 11-09-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by rws
I guarantee I don't - I look for that, specifically as that's what I do for a living. I have 2 companies that are in house/interior design business and we are the one of the few companies nation wide that sells products that are 100% domestically made. And when i say domestically made, I mean the product is built in the US from raw materials that are bought/grown from US mills. I know first hand how the manufacturers/mills in China run. I've seen it first hand, and witnessed the difference in quality verses US manufactures/mills. The quality is not there, and the workers will do just enough to make the product passable. I could get into this alot more as there are many, many factors which factor into Chinese goods being inferior - One being the communist government that owns 51% of ALL factories in that country which ultimately makes all decisions regardless of what the company itself wants. Again, I've seen this first hand and experienced. This country is still the best in the world at everything we do, for now. I just wish more people would support it so it can stay that way.
Ok, you made your point, we can get back on topic and just talk design differences now.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

DO YOU REALLY BELEIVE THAT?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you want a job? Very well put again..

RK