Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

KM2 or Nitto MG??

Old 09-30-2008, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never owned either, but I will be getting the Mudgrapplers, unless I find some sort of a deal.

2 psi CAN make a huge difference, and don't discount the fact that you were in a Jeep vs a Fake Jeep. What size tires were on the FJ?
Old 09-30-2008, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

if it just comes down to noise, then i think you've already determined what to get. i have the grapplers on my daily driver and you can definitely hear me coming, but it's never bothered me. plus, in the jeep, i'm not really fighting to talk over the tires much more than the general wind noise, especially when the top is off.

there are a ton of both on vehicles today, see if you can find one to test. check a local dealer (doesn't even have to be a jeep) or an off-road club and see for yourself.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
I've never owned either, but I will be getting the Mudgrapplers, unless I find some sort of a deal.

2 psi CAN make a huge difference, and don't discount the fact that you were in a Jeep vs a Fake Jeep. What size tires were on the FJ?
Ah, but remember I said on the first of three days we were both at 20 psi. And as to the fake Jeep thing I agree. The FJ has a very very hard time keeping it's rubber on terra firma. So I wasn't really counting the times when the FJ was 2 or 3 wheeling against the MG's. But the differencee was certainly noticible on steep inclines that didn't challenge the suspension if either vehicle.

The tires on the FJ were 34's and he had a 4" lift (I am 35" and 3.5" so same/same). I don't know FJ specific brands but somebody who did said it was an expensive high end lift.

The thing I took away from it was what my JK did with ease and smoothness the FJ did with a lot of drama and after multiple attempts. It was part vehicle, part modifications, part tires and maybe even a little bit of driver skill.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

KM2 all the way...
Old 09-30-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

KM2's are the only way to go
I've had my for a few weeks now and they are awesome for a mud/road tire.
My wife thinks the BF AT's were louder on our TJ then my 35's on the JK.

Vote for KM2
Old 09-30-2008, 11:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put 37" BFG KM2s on last week, so not much experience yet, but they are so quiet I have to turn off the AC to hear them hummmmmmmmm.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have no experience with the Nitto's but I highly recommend the km2's. I have a set on my toyota and will be switching to those on the jeep when I move up to 35's.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by walker
I just put 37" BFG KM2s on last week, so not much experience yet, but they are so quiet I have to turn off the AC to hear them hummmmmmmmm.
I was about to say, where do you live that you have the AC on it Oct, but then i saw, New Mexico.. I hear its hot there
Old 10-01-2008, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is no question about this one, KM2's!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REL1203
I was about to say, where do you live that you have the AC on it Oct, but then i saw, New Mexico.. I hear its hot there
Yea, still in the 80's during the day and 50-60's at night. I moved here from Alaska, so I need all the cooling I can get!

Quick Reply: KM2 or Nitto MG??