Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Km2 35x12.5 true size?? Fit without lift?

Old 08-07-2012, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Km2 35x12.5 true size?? Fit without lift?

So I talked myself out of "needing" 37's and ordered the km2 cause I love how my stock rubi tires handle and ride on and off road. When I ordered them the true size was listed at 34.6 and now I just saw a post where someone said they're closer to 33!! Please tell me this isn't true! Also do you guys think I would be able to fit them without a lift? I got them on wheels with 4" of back spacing I'm just wondering about the fenders. My "plan" is to either do 2.5 RK lift now and flat flairs when I bump up to 37's or flat flairs now and lift when I do 37's. What do you guys think? Thanks
Old 08-07-2012, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

How about flats now and a RK 3.5 lift when I get 37's?? Hmmmmm
Old 08-07-2012, 02:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They would probably fit with spacers but you would rub if you hit a speed bump or something, and off road would be a no-no. IMHO running 35's on stock height makes the JK look like its lowered... its okay to do it for a week while you wait for your lift to get on but its not a good idea for a long term solution.

I wouldn't get hung up on "true size" b/c it doesn't mean anything... when people say they can run 33's on stock they mean tires that have 33 written on the side, not tires that are really 33 inches.

And yes you can get away with 37's with a 3.5 inch lift and flat fenders
Old 08-07-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

I'm only answering the size question on the KM2s size on my JK. I just went out and measured and I'm sitting at 34.4 with 33psi of air pressure.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
I'm only answering the size question on the KM2s size on my JK. I just went out and measured and I'm sitting at 34.4 with 33psi of air pressure.
That sir is good news to me! Thank you! How many miles do you have on them, how do you like them? What setup are you running?
Old 08-07-2012, 03:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Fourtango
That sir is good news to me! Thank you! How many miles do you have on them, how do you like them? What setup are you running?
I went out and took a picture of the measured height. Like I said, I have them at 32-33psi when driving in the city and highway. I have amost 4,000 miles on them. I am very satisfied. I wanted something that could perform but looked good too. Im my opinion that was the KM2. I am running these with the Tereflex 4" Long Arm Lift. So I have lots of extra room.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck

I went out and took a picture of the measured height. Like I said, I have them at 32-33psi when driving in the city and highway. I have amost 4,000 miles on them. I am very satisfied. I wanted something that could perform but looked good too. Im my opinion that was the KM2. I am running these with the Tereflex 4" Long Arm Lift. So I have lots of extra room.
Thanks for the pic. That's a nice rig, that's the bumper I'm thinking about getting too. Im stuck on that or the lod mid width
Old 08-07-2012, 03:58 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Fourtango
So I talked myself out of "needing" 37's and ordered the km2 cause I love how my stock rubi tires handle and ride on and off road. When I ordered them the true size was listed at 34.6 and now I just saw a post where someone said they're closer to 33!! Please tell me this isn't true! Also do you guys think I would be able to fit them without a lift? I got them on wheels with 4" of back spacing I'm just wondering about the fenders. My "plan" is to either do 2.5 RK lift now and flat flairs when I bump up to 37's or flat flairs now and lift when I do 37's. What do you guys think? Thanks
honestly, i'll never understand the obsession everyone has with "true" tire size. have you ever measured what the true tire size is of your factory tires? i can tell you that it ain't no 32". it's all relative and NOBODY in the industy take into consideration what "true" tire size is when talking about lift kits or any other mods for that matter. the only size that matter is what's listed on the sidewall.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Junkie

Unless you're calibrating your speedo or looking at a gearing chart!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tslewisz
Unless you're calibrating your speedo or looking at a gearing chart!
I was wondering are the sizes on a gearing chart based off of actual size or whats on the sidewall?

Quick Reply: Km2 35x12.5 true size?? Fit without lift?