Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

KING SHOCKS JK Prototype Steering Stabilizer

Old 06-09-2016, 10:14 AM
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Red face KING SHOCKS JK Prototype Steering Stabilizer

Hey there everybody!

So it looks like King Shocks has been a little busy working on a steering stabilizer prototype for JK's, and they were nice enough to let us beat one up and report back...

Since we're a tad bit busy at the shop we decided to let one of our customers run it in our place. You can view her build (Iron Eagle) here : Iron Eagle by Rebel Offroad

What's everyone's thoughts on a potential new product from King?
Old 06-09-2016, 10:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

What a cool way to throw away money. Can you talk them into offering an optional reservoir with a 20 click compression adjustment for even more of the bling factor?
Old 06-09-2016, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
What a cool way to throw away money. Can you talk them into offering an optional reservoir with a 20 click compression adjustment for even more of the bling factor?

Old 06-09-2016, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

really nice looking show truck.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Old 06-09-2016, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any particular reason you guys are coming across as rude?
Old 06-09-2016, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zroe
Because spending big $$ on a stabilizer is a joke
Old 06-09-2016, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Zroe
Probably because this product is pretty much a trap to trick people that either don't use their jeeps or that don't completely understand how steering setups work (this is probably 90% of jk owners). How many king sponsored ultra 4 cars or trophy trucks are we going to see this product on?
Old 06-09-2016, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think this was definitely a step in the wrong direction for King. They tore a page out of Fox's book and made a pretty steering stabilizer when they, of all people, should know the limited functionality of a stabilizer. I will say that the quality of the shock is true to form for King, and if someone intends on building a pretty jeep, this would feel right at home. I would love to see their reasoning for bringing us another SS, but I'm fairly confident it was just to pad their pockets. I'm just surprised there wasn't a single person at King that stopped and asked "wait, we are really building a steering stabilizer?"

I agree with Dirtman and Chuck, and it's going to be unfortunate seeing new threads popping up asking "Which SS is better? King or Fox? I have death wobble...blah blah blah."
Old 06-09-2016, 12:27 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I think they should also do a cool looking CNC milled billet mount so you can do two of these for even better dual steering as long as they offer the color of your choice on that mount. We could also add a dual bypass option so we can adjust the amount of force needed to turn the wheel.

At least it looks like it is not a gas charged stabilizer, no steering push. Unless the schrader valve is hidden underneath. It is pretty and I am a fan of King shocks but the only reason to buy this thing is for looks. At $254 it will give the fox ATS a run for its money. Just a note these things have been around for about 6 years and are available in a 2.5" body. Not really a new item.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 06-09-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Quick Reply: KING SHOCKS JK Prototype Steering Stabilizer