Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

king performance shocks compared to fox? who has them?

Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default king performance shocks compared to fox? who has them?

i am trying to compare a set of fox reservoir shocks to a set of king shocks. who has which, and what is your opinion?
I know that alot of the ride is the coils, and thats why when they come out i will be getting the evo plush coils.
please write if you have used the shocks for high speed dessert , such as Project-JK : 35 Jeep JK Wranglers Rocketing Across the Desert - YouTube
also if you can please include pictures or links to the shocks of your choice
Old 06-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by da wrangler
i am trying to compare a set of fox reservoir shocks to a set of king shocks. who has which, and what is your opinion?
I know that alot of the ride is the coils, and thats why when they come out i will be getting the evo plush coils.
please write if you have used the shocks for high speed dessert , such as Project-JK : 35 Jeep JK Wranglers Rocketing Across the Desert - YouTube
also if you can please include pictures or links to the shocks of your choice
The King shocks included in our kits are valved specifically to our Plush ride coils. The EVO Spec King shocks will give you the best ride possible.

If you do not like the valving of the King Shocks you can send them back to be revalved to fit your needs. King shocks can be rebuilt as well. These will be the last shocks you need to buy

Last edited by chris@offroadevolution; 06-19-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:11 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the King 2.5" shocks with the EVO plush ride coils on my Enforcer kit. I've ran them pretty hard a few times at high speeds both in Moab and then again in the desert near home (Nevada/California). The set up eats up the bumps! Sorry I don't have any video uploaded and I have no opinion on the Fox shocks having never ran them.

I assume you are referring to the shorter EVO coils that are coming out? Chris (above) should have the most insight as to what will pair best with them.

Last edited by MTG; 06-19-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
The King shocks included in our kits are valved specifically to our Plush ride coils. The EVO Spec King shocks will give you the best ride possible.

If you do not like the valving of the King Shocks you can send them back to be revalved to fit your needs. King shocks can be rebuilt as well. These will be the last shocks you need to buy
when are the evo 3 in plush ride coils coming out? and when they do could i maybe do a combo deal to get the coils and the shocks? (specifically the 2.0 or 2.5 rr shocks)
Old 06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by da wrangler
when are the evo 3 in plush ride coils coming out? and when they do could i maybe do a combo deal to get the coils and the shocks? (specifically the 2.0 or 2.5 rr shocks)
should be out very soon. We can sell you both the coils and shocks.

Shock pricing can be found here
Off Road Evolution, King Shocks

Quick Reply: king performance shocks compared to fox? who has them?