Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

King coil overs

Old 05-24-2016, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King coil overs

So I'm in New York and the salt in the winters is awful. So I know my kings won't hold up to well( Evo mfg bolt on coil over kit front only) and so I have a feeling I'll eventually be replacing them. Now here's the question Evo doesn't sell just the coil overs without the brackets. But Rebel does and they also come tuned ready to go for the jku. They are 2.0 12" travel kings and the brackets in both kits are pretty similar. So I shouldn't have a problem buying the coil overs from rebel right?

The next question is Rebel also sells King coil overs 2.0 with 14" of travel also tuned and ready to go for the jk if I swapped mine out would I also be able to upgrade to the 14" ones?

I figured by the time it's time to replace them or rebuild or what ever I'll have built axles and be going 40s so the extra down travel would be nice since I'll be getting a bigger tire.

Thanks guys here's my jeep:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3445582387.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	784.6 KB
ID:	647847
Old 05-24-2016, 07:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

The rebel kit with 14's is going to net you a lift in the 6"+ range. Unless you are going to extremes with the build a 12" trade up front is more then most people would even need. I would just buy a weld on bracket from one of the many fab suppliers out there and buy the shocks from someone like filthymotorsports as they are one if not the biggest king reseller out there. It will save you a lot of coin and you will be better off maximizing the travel and lift height with custom bracket locations.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The rebel kit with 14's is going to net you a lift in the 6"+ range. Unless you are going to extremes with the build a 12" trade up front is more then most people would even need. I would just buy a weld on bracket from one of the many fab suppliers out there and buy the shocks from someone like filthymotorsports as they are one if not the biggest king reseller out there. It will save you a lot of coin and you will be better off maximizing the travel and lift height with custom bracket locations.
Okk makes sense 👍🏼 thank you for a fast response!
Old 05-24-2016, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you replace them because of the salt rust I'll be happy to take the old "rusty" ones off your hands.

Quick Reply: King coil overs