Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Kill switch on a 2012?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kill switch on a 2012?

I've been hearing a lot of stories about people getting their jeeps stolen in SoCal. I'm moving to a not so good part of town and thinking about installing a kill switch for my 2012 Jk. Don't really know much about it.

Anyone know anything about kill switches? How to install it? Will it kill the warrenty?

Thanks,
Luis
Old 03-25-2013, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also have a 12', the easy way to put is, its like the esp kill switch mod. All you have to do is stop the current from the ignition switch. But i would think it would void warranty, not sure though. I know this because while setting up my audio system i used the igntion wire for my turn on lead wire for my amp and i sparked the wire and blew the fuse (killing the circuit) and she wouldnt start. So case in point, instal a simple toggle switch in the ignition line to open and close the circuit but at your own risk because IF your wiring skills arent great you could get stuck.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIGNICK
I also have a 12', the easy way to put is, its like the esp kill switch mod. All you have to do is stop the current from the ignition switch. But i would think it would void warranty, not sure though. I know this because while setting up my audio system i used the igntion wire for my turn on lead wire for my amp and i sparked the wire and blew the fuse (killing the circuit) and she wouldnt start. So case in point, instal a simple toggle switch in the ignition line to open and close the circuit but at your own risk because IF your wiring skills arent great you could get stuck.
haha thank for the info. yeah my wiring skills are low to none, so i will ask my dad!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

This might work...but what's stopping them from putting it I'm neutral and towing/trailering your rig away? Just a thought. If they want it bad enough they will find a way to get it.

Quick Reply: Kill switch on a 2012?