Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Kev's on backorder?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kev's on backorder?

I tried to order my 35 inch Goodyear MTR's w/ Kevlar today and the shop said they are on backorder across the country until October. What?!

Can that be right? I can't wait until October so should I settle for something else like KM2's? Or should I shop around even more to see if this guy was bluffing? Should Kev's be my one and only option?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drgreybow
I tried to order my 35 inch Goodyear MTR's w/ Kevlar today and the shop said they are on backorder across the country until October. What?!

Can that be right? I can't wait until October so should I settle for something else like KM2's? Or should I shop around even more to see if this guy was bluffing? Should Kev's be my one and only option?
Shop around. That doesn't sound right. Have you called Discount Tire?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:08 AM
JK Newbie

Ditto Discount Tire... I just got mine two weeks ago. When they beat the best price I could find online ( and they did by $10/tire) they said they needed two weeks to get them shipped from a giant tire pile somewhere...

.... and then, two days later they called and said they were here. Maybe it's possible something happened in the last two weeks, but I'd check around first... because if they're backordered... you'd think the price would go up..

too... Goodyear has had an $80 rebate on a set of four going all month, so I guess it's possible that drove demand up.... on a $275 tire.. don't know...
Old 02-26-2010, 04:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Yippie21
Ditto Discount Tire... I just got mine two weeks ago. When they beat the best price I could find online ( and they did by $10/tire) they said they needed two weeks to get them shipped from a giant tire pile somewhere...

.... and then, two days later they called and said they were here. Maybe it's possible something happened in the last two weeks, but I'd check around first... because if they're backordered... you'd think the price would go up..

too... Goodyear has had an $80 rebate on a set of four going all month, so I guess it's possible that drove demand up.... on a $275 tire.. don't know...
$80 rebate... tell me more! I'm getting ready to pull the trigger, and plan to get Discount to beat Tire Rack's $278.ea price. Unless I can find them for even cheaper.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoubleG
$80 rebate... tell me more! I'm getting ready to pull the trigger, and plan to get Discount to beat Tire Rack's $278.ea price. Unless I can find them for even cheaper.

Add on shipping from Tire Rack and Discount Tire comes out the winner on price.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

I found them for $278 online. DT wanted $318. I did the price-match thing on their webiste and included the link to wherever I found the lower price and a couple of hours later, the mgr at the store closest to me called and left a message he'd sell them to me for $274 ea.

When I checked more on their site, I found the ad for the Goodyear rebate. I think it expired then end of Feb, so hurry. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

i went with discount tyres. great after service but wheel parts has them for $274
Old 02-26-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just called Discount. They said there's at least 4 Kev's in Denver. I hate it when people don't tell me the whole truth. Should have known better than to go to a jeep dealer, even though they price match.

Hopefully I can get these tires soon.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drgreybow
I just called Discount. They said there's at least 4 Kev's in Denver. I hate it when people don't tell me the whole truth. Should have known better than to go to a jeep dealer, even though they price match.

Hopefully I can get these tires soon.
I think there was a little truth to the backorded thing, well at least it was for 37" GY Kevlar. I checked local distributers and also with Busta @ 4WD. Everywhere 37" out of stock, backorded or maybe 4 sitting here or there but not 5. Just decided to go with the Cooper STT's. On the Jeep 2 days later.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default MTr's

what size tire we talking here for $274?

Quick Reply: Kev's on backorder?