Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Kelly Safari TSR Tires

Old 07-10-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kelly Safari TSR Tires

I've searched the forum and only found a few posts by users with this tire but no comments about it. My dealer has these tires as part of their Lift N' Go Package (2.5" lift, Rims & Tires). Through a Google search I read that Goodyear actually makes these tires for Kelly and found a few positive reviews on non-Jeep forums.

I would like to know if anyone has these tires and how they perform on wet and snowy roads as well as in sand and off road. 90% of the time will be on paved roads but I plan to do more off road when my new Rubi arrives. I took a test drive today in an '11 Sport with this package and really loved the feel and the tires didn't seem loud at all. My main concern is how they are on wet roads since this is my daily driver. Thanks!

Old 07-10-2011, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had looked at those before I got my BFGs. The dude at fountain tire spoke pretty highly of them. If I'm not mistaken they are a cheaper Goodyear tire.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are a great tire. Not a lot of road noise, unreal in price, and they wear great.... I was going to order but they were on a 4 month back order at the time.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys! I think I will give these tires a try. Hope I don't have to wait four months to get them. Supposedly the dealer has some in inventory.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
They are a great tire. Not a lot of road noise, unreal in price, and they wear great.... I was going to order but they were on a 4 month back order at the time.
X2..... I love mine.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just had a set put on Saturday the 9th of July 2011. They are so smooth on the road and look awesome. I put the 315/70R17's on and they make a huge difference. When I was first out of the bays after installing them I pushed on the tread and could move the tread with pressure. They will be awesome on the rocks. I would not hesitate to get another set for the wife's Jeep in 33's when she needs tires. The only thing is they put the tire pressure up to 50lbs. That is what the manufacturer recommends. I will do pressure reduction tests to see what works the best. BUT even at 50 lbs it rides better than the stock tires!

Don't hesitate with these.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	New Tires July 2011.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	181529  

Last edited by rokklymer; 07-13-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

I have a set on mine and they perform great on everything, I have about 13k on them and there still at 75%. i have them on stock wheels that are 7.5in wide and i can air down below 10psi with no problems. great on the rocks and in mud when aired down... Great tire for the money, very heavy though
Old 07-13-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Those are old school . I was running those 15 yrs ago. They are a great tire. Wear like iron and excellent traction

Quick Reply: Kelly Safari TSR Tires