Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Keep flashcal or send it back?

Old 12-10-2014, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep flashcal or send it back?

Here is my my problem.
I ordered a flashcal from northridge. They were under the impression that it still allowed tpms threshold adjustment. When I emailed them I got a reply from Dave and it was news to him that the feature had been removed.
I need it for tire size adjustment and was hoping to adjust tpms as well.
Well it arrived last week and it seems that superchips has removed the tpms threshold adjustment form the device. I have called and emailed their tech support and was told that the feature is gone and will not be coming back.
Dave at northridge has offed to let me return it. However I really like having the display over the a procal. I like the idea of being able to read and clear codes. As well and easier navigation and programming.
I would prefer not to turn off tpms. And it is completely useless as it sits because the light is always on. I am sure the answer is that I should return in and get a procal but is there any reason to keep it?

Does anyone know that if I wanted to pay of or the tuner and have that added to the flashcal could I also later run an aev procal. Or would I have to remove the superchips tune before the aev procal will work?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2014, 01:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Look into the flashpaq. And I think any legitimate tuner will overwrite whatever program is in the jeep if you make a new setting. That's how the flashpaq works. But I'm not 100%.

The flashpaq has the tpms "off road" setting. It disables the tpms light. And to get rid if the tpms 0 psi digital read out you have to disable the tpms with the stock tires on.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run my trail dash in conjunction with my procal. The trail dash displays all the setting I had changed previously with the procal.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Question

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll just hold onto it for a while. If the tpms light starts driving me crazy I guess I'll just turn it off. Still frustrating that superchips removed what has to be one of the more popular features and didn't really tell anyone and only quietly removed that line of discretion from their website.

Oh well
Old 12-11-2014, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How to use the TPMS functionality is still listed in the instruction manual that you can view on the superchips website. And they list TMPS Options on the product page for the Flashcal. All surprising and makes me hesitate as I was about to buy one of these.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TPMS Options must just mean On/Off instead of being able to be adjusted.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by uf126
TPMS Options must just mean On/Off instead of being able to be adjusted.
That's exactly what it means now. Had I known I would have probably bought a procal. The problem was that northridge and I'm sure other dealers did not know of the change. I don't see how it is any "safer" without it. Now the only option they have left people with is to shut it off all together.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Purchased a couple weeks ago and wanted the adjustable setting only to find out it has been changed to an active or inactive option. Supposedly there was a ton of issues with the adjustable setting where is did not deactivate the TPMS dummy light. At the end of the day, the ability to correct my speedo and act as a code reader were more imperative than the adjustability threshold. Also, there is the possibility of an update at a later date that maybe solves the prior mentioned issue.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SWRUBI
Purchased a couple weeks ago and wanted the adjustable setting only to find out it has been changed to an active or inactive option. Supposedly there was a ton of issues with the adjustable setting where is did not deactivate the TPMS dummy light. At the end of the day, the ability to correct my speedo and act as a code reader were more imperative than the adjustability threshold. Also, there is the possibility of an update at a later date that maybe solves the prior mentioned issue.
X2. I was a little ticked off to learn I couldn't adjust my TPMS and could only turn it off. But I still like it for the reasons SWRUBI stated. I hope there will be an update but won't hold my breathe.

Quick Reply: Keep flashcal or send it back?