Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

KC windshield light brackets...

Old 04-09-2008, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC windshield light brackets...

I installed a set about a month ago and today when I washed my Jeep (i know, I know...sorry) I noticed that all the paint was missing off one and was a nice color of rust! Anyone else? Not a big deal, but kinda disapointed.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:22 PM
JK Junkie

mine are good,but it doesn't rain here or do we have any humidity so probably not the best judge of rust.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah samething happened to mine, I contacted KC by email with a picture, they are warrantied for 27yrs, well they got back to me and said I have to take them off and mail them at my cost of course and they would get back to me but it could take a cpl weeks to let me know if it would be covered. That was more of a pain in ass then just ordering new ones for 29bucks and having them in 2days, so thats what I did

here is pic of mine, they were only on jeep for less then 2months, new ones about the same length of time now and look fine....maybe tightened them to much first time?? as is seems to just pealed around the bolts.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:22 PM
JK Super Freak

mine did the same thing. Looked just like that picture after less than 1 month in NE. Sent them back and I have a new set coming.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:18 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the KC brackets but they look different than those. Mine don't have KC embossed on the side and they are more of a rough texture powder coat than paint. They're not glossy at all. I don't have any problems with rust yet.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

That picture looks just like mine! I am really disapointed with them and same hassel about having to send them back at my cost. Not good customer service at all. I wont buy their stuff again.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm gonna take mine off...sand them down, give'em a good coat or two of primer and then paint them to match the JK I think.... maybe.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 months in Michigan and mine are the worst looking I have seen.

My buddy is painting a brush gard with Line x, I think I will try and clean them up and paint them with that. I was going to by some wide beams for the bumper but this makes me think about a different light.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	light brackets.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	7906  
Old 04-12-2008, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

hmm maybe they had a bad batch of powder coating mine were great but like fish said we dont get much rain or humidity here i sanded mine down and then put dupli color bumper coating on them

Old 04-12-2008, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine have been on there since last September with no problems. They look like brand new.

Quick Reply: KC windshield light brackets...