Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Kc Lights Winshield Install

Old 03-04-2007, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kc Lights Winshield Install

Just finished the Install, works great and I will set the beam angle tonight at dark. I got the Warrior Brackets from "Trailmaster"..... I'm very impressed the look it gives the Winshield.
Drilled the correct size hole in dash and mounted the switch, On/Off Switch looks Factory....

[IMG][/IMG]

I removed the Driver side panel and did all my wire hookup to the Switch through that access.
[IMG][/IMG]

A few of them mounted & working great(very Powerfull Beams) Turned on.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-04-2007, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow thats nice.how much did all that cost?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice looking the only suggestion I'd make is to wire loom the wiring coming from the back of the lights into the wiper cowl. It'll give it a cleaner install look.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm assuming with these lights you cannot fold the windshield down, correct?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Looks good Nam. I would also suggest covering the wires with a loom of some sort not only for the looks, but to help protect the wires.

Is that your nicely painted Ford in the background?
Old 03-04-2007, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
Looks good Nam. I would also suggest covering the wires with a loom of some sort not only for the looks, but to help protect the wires. "](DONE!) [/SIZE]Covered them earlier with loom, looks much much better.

Thx, I really like the look.....
Is that your nicely painted Ford in the background?
No, that Ford truck is the neighbor's from down the street.....someone slashed a four tires about an 8" opening on Friday night .....he's pi$$ed and them came up painted all over it(For Sale, Thanks Neighbor's, Buy As Is, etc, etc. This is from a long term Parking Issue with all the people on my nice quaint street.: He has about 6 vehicles and they park in front of everybodies house(Not Mine, Never Have, They All leave Me Be) >>>>> just waiting for the police with some kind of removal issued to him rotflmao1:
No! you can not fold windshield down with these mounted.....

Last edited by nam6869usmc; 03-04-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default Nice

I ordered the same lights only in black they are due here on the 8th I havent ordered the brackets yet I have been looking at them I might make in the shop this week, if not I will order a set. I have been laying out a set of half doors right now 3/8" aluminum plate then get the same paint code and paint them and clear coat to match.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ponpeta
I ordered the same lights only in black they are due here on the 8th I havent ordered the brackets yet I have been looking at them I might make in the shop this week, if not I will order a set. I have been laying out a set of half doors right now 3/8" aluminum plate then get the same paint code and paint them and clear coat to match.
Honestly Speaking,..I probably could of made these, but for $39 is wasn't worth it...it would be a pretty basic project. Your half doors oughta be awesome looking, hope to see them in a future picture...
Old 03-04-2007, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Red face

So how much of your field of vision does it block now? How long did it take to get used to them blocking that view?

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by histrung
So how much of your field of vision does it block now? How long did it take to get used to them blocking that view?

Thanks.
Very little left & right field of view blocked,...just come from a normal every Sunday "JK" ride and totally used to them now. Wife even got used to them,...she would definitely be out-spoken about her view if they bothered her.

Quick Reply: Kc Lights Winshield Install