Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

KC LED Hilites wire harness question

Old 12-07-2014, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC LED Hilites wire harness question

I have the 6" Pro off-road lights and I'm trying to install the wiring harness. The instructions were pretty minimal. I know the yellow wire goes to positive and the black goes to negative on the battery. The white wire is indicated to connect to the high/low beam or 12 volt source. Can I just attach both the yellow and the white wire to the positive terminal on the battery? I don't want to tie in my off-road lights to the high/low beam.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes. By attaching both to battery, you can run the lights with the ignition off. Or you can tap into an IGN circuit/fuse so they can only be used when the engine is on as a fail-safe.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
Yes. By attaching both to battery, you can run the lights with the ignition off. Or you can tap into an IGN circuit/fuse so they can only be used when the engine is on as a fail-safe.
Thanks!
Old 12-12-2014, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where's the best place to connect the white wire if you want to ensure the lights don't come on without the ignition turned on?

Quick Reply: KC LED Hilites wire harness question