Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

KC Hilites SlimLite Series Pair Packs - Help!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC Hilites SlimLite Series Pair Packs - Help!!!

Somebody please tell me the differences between the:

KC HiLiTES 6" Round SlimLite Series Long Range 130W Super White Halogen in Deep Black Powder Coat Finish,

KC SlimLite Series Long Range Pair 130W Ice Blue Halogen in Titanium Finish,

KC SlimLite Series Driving Pair 130W Ice Blue Halogen in Titanium Finish

I understand the finishes, but what is better - long range or driving and ice blue or super white? I want to mount them on the windshield so I know I also need to get the KC Windshield Light Mount Brackets. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Long range lights will have a tighter longer beam, where as the driving lights will be a shorter range but more spread out beam. I have the driving lights on my windshield simply because I am in the woods alot and I prefer to see to the sides of the trail as well. Helps me keep an eye on the deer to the side of the trail.

As for White vs Blue, to my knowledge the white and blue will generate the same amount of light, the blue just needs a higher wattage. The blue creates a, well, bluer light. Really I have no preference between the two, I just like the titanium finish so I went for it.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ESPMike
Long range lights will have a tighter longer beam, where as the driving lights will be a shorter range but more spread out beam. I have the driving lights on my windshield simply because I am in the woods alot and I prefer to see to the sides of the trail as well. Helps me keep an eye on the deer to the side of the trail.

As for White vs Blue, to my knowledge the white and blue will generate the same amount of light, the blue just needs a higher wattage. The blue creates a, well, bluer light. Really I have no preference between the two, I just like the titanium finish so I went for it.
Thanks for the info, it really helped me understand a little better.

Quick Reply: KC Hilites SlimLite Series Pair Packs - Help!!!