Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Katzkin install questions

Old 02-24-2014, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katzkin install questions

About to do the Katzkin leather install in the next few days on my 2012 JKU. Couple questions that I just wanted some confirmation on..

1) The back seats can be done with out taking them out correct? I had read on this forum I think that it's no problem to do it that way

2) Do zip ties work just as well as hog rings? Kinda surprised how difficult it is to find hog rings and pliers locally...

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having done leather kits where I work. Often. Haha. Do not cut corners with zip ties. Use the hog rings. And use a lot of them. Tractor supply? Hardware store? Feed store? Upholstery store? Autozone? All those places have hog rings and pliers for them.

And take out the back seat. It will be easier. And allow you to place the leather and "massage"'it into position much easier. Don't cut corners. You will regret it later.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply man. I had interpreted those as equal alternatives but i guess not. I'll keep looking for the hog ring pliers
Old 02-27-2014, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I could use a little help with the electrical side of things as I'm also installing seat heaters at the same time i do the Katzkin install. I'm planning on running the power direct of the battery, but the seat kid came with a relay that I need to connect to an accessory or "keyed" wire. I took apart the rear window switch panel shown here:
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	976
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	533871

Can anyone tell me which one of the wires in this cluster will connect to the accessory power?

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	533872

Edit: not sure why the pictures are upside down, sorry about that.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Katzkin install questions