Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Kanati Trial Hog tires, possible 37" winter rated off road tire

Old 11-24-2015, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kanati Trial Hog tires, possible 37" winter rated off road tire

Stumped into a post and saw this tire.

The thread pattern looks almost identical to DuraTrac but lacks some details with minor difference on edges. Did some research, saying its compound is the same as DuraTrac, also bearing snowflake symbol for severe winter conditions.

What attracts me is not only the lower price but also the fact that this tire comes in 35x12.5R17 and 37x12.5R17 sizes, both were demanded heavily from off road community but not realized by DuraTrac. 315/70 is actually 34.5" tire per my knowledge.

Any one ran this in winter snowy country? Any comments?

With this tire in count, so far only 2 offerings of winter rated off road tires at 37" : Kanati Trail Hog and BFG KO2
Old 11-24-2015, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

It's funny because everyone says if they could get the duratrac in a 37" that they'd run it in a heartbeat....looks like kanati got pretty close!

Discount tire direct should be able to get you a set of these, then ask for a forum discount and bring some feedback into the thread.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DiscountTire no longer distribute Kanati truck tires, only their UTV tires. I guess DTD has a lot of pressure from GoodYear because apparently Kanati's Trail Hog and Mud Hog are kinda a copy of their DuraTrac and MT/R tires.

I found an eBay seller, will take a risk for a shot.

Since I am driving my JK for some snow/mud rallyX and also an Alaska trip in next Feb, I can tell how Kanati Trail Hog holds up to the condition and its snowflake symbol.

Originally Posted by karls10jk
It's funny because everyone says if they could get the duratrac in a 37" that they'd run it in a heartbeat....looks like kanati got pretty close!

Discount tire direct should be able to get you a set of these, then ask for a forum discount and bring some feedback into the thread.

Quick Reply: Kanati Trial Hog tires, possible 37" winter rated off road tire