Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

K&N Drop-In Filter

Old 08-07-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the K&N and Hypertech Max Energy (Regular Fuel Performance) I get 16-17 highway/city mix. I like it.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pastorsteve
Okay living at 6,000 feet and spending half my time at 9,000-12,000 feet I knew anything to get more air into the engine would help. I replaced the factory air filter with the K&N drop in and an immediate improvement.

Maybe at sea-level you guys haven't noticed any improvement (I read many posts from people who said "no difference"). Totally wrong. With my 6 speed I noticed immediate harder pulling and much quicker RPM climbs to shift points. No it didn't turn it into a Corvette, but it is definitely noticable.

So for the folks asking or wondering about the drop in filter, it's worth the $50.
question do you still get the k&n whisstle at that altitude just curious
Old 09-14-2008, 09:19 PM
JK Super Freak

I dont get how you would lose mpg. They advertise better performance and mpg I guess I will get one, but only because I cant find a aftermarket drop in dry filter. Or maybe I will sell something and get the AFE Stage 2 enclosed intake w/dry filter........Anyone want to buy a JC Smith shot gun?! It's only about 100 years old
Old 10-01-2008, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Get this one fellas...

The increase in throttle response and top end power is very noticeable IMHO. Throttle response is really the reason you want one of these. The idea being that as soon as the throttle is open there is air on tap and it doesn't have to travel through a series of bends to reach the throttle body so it gets there smoother and quicker which means the throttle responds better under foot. The JK throttle response is already a bit dull due to fly by wire arrangement so you need something to give you a bit better throttle feel.

Those who have said, "more air = more fuel" are bang on the money. If I drive normally my fuel efficiency is better but in the desert at high acceleration and usually in low range she chews up the juice like crazy but the increase in power is worth the added fuel consumption!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

don't really think it improved my mileage much, but I can see an imporvement in engine response.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

I have the drop in and the AEV snorkel....now I put them on at the same time so I don't know which helped or whether they both did, but I get 2 mpg more. I am getting 20 with a city highway mix of about 60/40.

Quick Reply: K&N Drop-In Filter