Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

K&N drop in filter

Old 08-06-2011, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N drop in filter

Just bought a wrangler unlimited rubicon and wanted to see what the verdict was on the kn drop in filter vs. the bolt in setups (kn/ air raid etc). The kn site says that there is a "horsepower increase" for the drop in but dosen't say how much but it does say about 7hp for the bolt in. For obvious reasons, I would much rather pay $40 for a filter than $275...any help here would be great!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks! did you notice a horsepower and or gas mileage increase? if so, what would you estimate on each?
Old 08-06-2011, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks!- sounds like the way to go. Checked out your jeep on utube - nice! Will look sweet with the lift...
Old 08-06-2011, 09:46 PM
JK Freak

I've had the K&N drop in air filter for the past year and half. I'd say that you're not going to feel much difference but I do notice that the Jeep is running smoother and know that it's getting better. As well after drilling a few holes in my stock air box combined with that air filter you'll definitely notice a deep growl whenever you're on the throttle. Gas mileage has been pretty consistent. Maybe .5-1 better?
Old 08-06-2011, 09:55 PM
JK Newbie

I have 37 BFG a/t's on the JK and love the size but they are loud. Have a lifted tahoe with 35" trail grapplers and LOVE them. Great tread and super quiet and look killer. Good luck!

Quick Reply: K&N drop in filter