Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

K&N cold air intake

Old 08-14-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankCastle01
Two things

There are a few videos on youtube of guys putting these things on and the video makes it look like they haul total ass afterward...but alot of people on this forum say its mild improvment.

Also my friend says minus the filter you can get the rest of what you need to make a CAI from LOEWS or Home Depot and not blow 200 bucks on one...is this true?
It would be kinda hard to make the pipe that is molded to reach a certain spot. I bet it could be done, but then you are going to have to fab brackets and such. Much easier just to trust a manufacture and follow some simple instructions.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mababcock
Just finished the install! Runs so much smoother now.
which K&N cold air intake is this?
thanks for the help! looks awesome btw!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikey214
which K&N cold air intake is this?
thanks for the help! looks awesome btw!
Part Number is 63-1553
Old 08-14-2011, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mababcock
It would be kinda hard to make the pipe that is molded to reach a certain spot. I bet it could be done, but then you are going to have to fab brackets and such. Much easier just to trust a manufacture and follow some simple instructions.
Does the improvement justify the price?
Old 08-14-2011, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just put in the K&N drop-in the other day on my 2011. Really like it - doesn't feel like the engine is begging for mercy above 2500 rpm any more. If I had money to burn I would have gone for the cold air intake, but for now this is good.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I have the 63 and it does it's job well. Sixth gear holds its speed on the highway easier. I'm still going to run a snorkel in a year once my warranty is up and I start playing offroad more. For now it gives me at least the feeling of more power.

Quick Reply: K&N cold air intake